Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors. For more information, visit www.jacobs.com
Jacobs Space Exploration Group (JSEG) is comprised of 10 companies and is located at Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, AL (ranked #11 in Best Places to Live by U.S. News). JSEG has been a primary contractor for NASA since 1989 and supports marquee NASA programs, including the Space Launch System, International Space Station, space optics fabrication, earth and space sciences and advanced propulsion system development. As a partner in NASA’s next generation of space exploration, our jobs are literally history in the making by challenging today, reinventing tomorrow.
Systems Integration and Test Facility (SITF), Systems Integration Laboratory (SIL) Hardware-in-the-Loop facility (HWIL), and four Software Development Facilities (SDFs) that will be used to verify the integrated avionics system and Flight Software for the Space Launch System (SLS) at NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC).
This is a senior level position that requires broad technical capability to perform design, development and integration of real-time HWIL systems, as well as good project management skills to define and plan the activities. Tracking and reporting progress and timely completion of milestones is essential. Problem solving and troubleshooting, including hands-on use of test equipment will be required during integration, start-up, and operation of the systems.
• Support the design and development of test architectures, test plans, and test procedures for the following: Develop and maintain lab configuration drawings for the SIL and SITF.
o Launch vehicle avionics system testing in the SIL.
o Core Stage avionics system testing in the SITF.
o The development systems supporting the SIL and SITF.
• Work with design groups to design custom equipment, cables, and integration software needed throughout the SIL and SITF by defining cable lengths, end connectors, pin outs, and applicable software based on facility and avionics box designs.
• Create work orders for manufacturing, track manufacturing, resolve manufacturing issues and arrange for transport and delivery to the applicable facility at MSFC.
• Assist with installation, system software analysis, and hands on troubleshooting during integration of the facility.
These activities will be on-going as the launch vehicle architecture matures and the SLS program completes program phases, reviews and schedule milestones.
Typically, educational requirement is a High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or equivalent; at least 15 years of experience and continuing education, or an Associate's Degree or equivalent and at least 10 years of experience.
Demonstrated expertise in:
• Development of test plans and procedures
• Working with busses and networks such as MIL-STD 1553, Ethernet and RS-422
• Troubleshooting and testing in support of distributed computing and simulation of launch vehicle and spacecraft systems
• Integration tasks and development activities
• Use of LINUX and Windows operating systems in a simulation environment, troubleshooting these systems, and installing updates, drivers and patches.
Experience with developing electrical wiring specifications and DC and AC power systems is a plus.
• Experience in disciplines such as hardware and software integration, requirements development, verification and validation, and testing.
• Distributed and clustered file systems with mixed Windows and Linux operating systems.
• Network communications with TCP and UDP.
• Configuration management of distributed computing platforms used during formal avionics HWIL test activities.
• Developing user interfaces for automated test control and data display in support of formal avionics HWIL - test activities.
• The ideal candidate should be proactive, willing to learn, a team player, customer-focused, attentive to details, and always looking for improvements.
• Tools/languages such as: Python, Qt, Windows 10, and Linux Red Hat.
• Exposure to tools/languages/standards such as: XML, C/C++, Git, Trac, and Linux shell scripting.
Office and shop environment. Requires ability to provide clear, concise, accurate and timely communication, both verbally and in writing (100%). Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers, management, and client (100%). May require limited travel.
Requires sitting for extended periods of time in meetings with peers, management, and with our client at NASA facilities to discuss technical issues (10%). Also, requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk to perform engineering tasks or standing while performing hands-on activities (80%). Requires ability to use stairs or elevators for access between floors and multiple buildings at NASA and Jacobs facilities (10%).
Equipment and Machines:
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, fax machine, copier, calculator, and other general office equipment (100%).
A normal workday is from 7:30 a.m. through 4:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday. Minimal overtime may be required (10%) to meet schedule milestones and to support technical demands of the job. Regular attendance is a necessity and adequate arrangements for delegating duties during absences are required.
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and to make rational decisions, and to exercise good judgment (100%). Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Alabama-Huntsville-20320-MSFC
: Apr 21, 2020, 6:51:29 PM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
620 Discovery Drive