Summary/General Description Of Job:
The Steam Maintenance Mechanic diagnoses needed repairs for machinery associated with boilers, boiler controls, steam system controls and piping. Incumbent will also replaces broken and defective parts and reassembles the system.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Repairs machinery or mechanical equipment associated with boilers, boiler controls, steam system controls and piping.
- Examines machines and mechanical equipment to diagnose source of trouble.
- Dismantles or partly dismantles steam and boiler systems and performing repairs that mainly involve the use of hand tools.
- Replaces broken or defective parts with items obtained from stock or commercial vendors.
- Orders the production of a replacement part by a machine shop or sending the parts to a machine shop for major repairs.
- Prepares written specifications for major repairs or for production of parts.
- Reassembles steam and boiler systems and making all necessary adjustments for operation, including working with natural gas and oil fueled units.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
May perform work in other classifications when incidental work is necessary to the accomplishment of the work assignment. Significant work in another job classification may be required if accompanied by any wage adjustments applicable.
- The proper use of tools and equipment commonly used in the steam maintenance mechanic field.
- Completing all mandated training requirements per government and management directives.
- Timely and cost effective performance of duties.
- Timely completion and accuracy of all departmental work.
- Dealing with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Adherence to established company safety policies and good industrial and office safety practices.
- Compliance with company Standard Operating Procedures and Personnel policies and procedures.
- Having the ability to work well under pressure.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Professional Associations):
- May be required to obtain and maintain asbestos certification for the purpose of maintenance and repair to items containing asbestos.
- The work may involve accomplishment of minor electrical connections or diagnosis of electric boilers or controls, motors and valves.
- Four years experience in boiler and steam system mechanical and machine equipment repair.
- Must possess and maintain a Grade 2 Seattle Steam Engineer License or equivalent.
- Knowledge of use of specialized tools to perform the necessary repair functions.
- Ability and experience in pipefitting is required.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment.
- Must have and maintain hand tools of the trade to perform the normal work of the classifications.
- Must obtain and maintain required explosives certifications when assigned to ordnance operations.
- Must possess valid Washington State driver's license with acceptable driving record.
- Must meet and maintain company physical and security requirements, including respirator qualification, and clearance eligibility when required.
- Must be willing and able to work at heights in manlifts up to 40 feet.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must possess good communication skills for a service team environment.
- Ability to successfully pass any background checks and/or drug testing required on the contract.
- U.S. Citizenship.
Candidates for positions at the Naval Hospital facility must prove immunity to Rubella (a.k.a. German Measles or Three Day Measles) by providing, prior to employment, physician‑signed documentation of either immunization (vaccine) or antibody titer (blood test), and evidence of a TB (tuberculosis) test within the past year.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Washington-Silverdale-20313-BANG
: Apr 21, 2020, 4:01:12 AM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
T-075 Skate Street