Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs is experiencing growth and looking for an experienced Flagger to perform flagging functions as the Employee in Charge (EIC) in the rail Right of Way to ensure the general safety and protection of agency property. The hours of this job may fluctuate and could possibly work nights and/or weekends as needed to cover the projects as per the contract of the client.
- Provide warnings and direct or restrict the movement of trains past a point of track to provide On-Track Safety for Railroad Workers and Contractors on controlled and non-controlled track.
- Regulate occupancy and/or access by contractors within fouling distance of track at particular work sites in accordance with agency policies and procedures, FRA rules and regulations and Roadway Worker Safety Procedures.
- Communication skills with radio or cell to agency dispatcher.
- Control all on-track movements of contractors construction equipment.
- Document and complete daily reports, of flagging and construction.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Contract Project Manager or the Deputy Project Manager to ensure safety of agency facilities and property.
Computer literacy required
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant flagging experience is required
- Required to have and maintain a satisfactory driving record
- Able to work independently is required
- Local travel is required
- Reliable transportation is required
Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
- Must pass a background screening and drug/ alcohol test is required
- FRA 213 Track Inspection Training preferred
- Work under exposure to inclement weather conditions required
- Promotes and maintains a safe working environment required
- Essential Functions:
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
: United States-California-Irvine-US CA Irvine - Irvine - Michelson Drive
: Apr 22, 2020, 8:23:13 PM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US CA Irvine - Irvine - Michelson Drive
3161 MICHELSON DRIVE SUITE 500