DescriptionThe Collections and Distributions Supervisor works as an important member of our team in Farmington, NM and supervises the operation and maintenance of the collection and distribution system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Diagnoses operating problems and directs effective corrective procedures
• Directs and implements effective odor and erosion control program
• Inspects collection and distribution system to determine efficiency of operations, cleanliness, and maintenance activities
• Determines remedial action in emergencies
• Directs, assigns, and trains employees
• Performs employee evaluations
• Assists Assistant Project Manager in conducting ongoing safety program
• Prepares work schedules subject to approval of Project Manager
• Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work
• Prepares required reports and maintains complete recordkeeping procedures
• Be on call 24/7
• Proficient with Microsoft tools – outlook, word, excel, project, visio
• Must be able to enforce SOPs, company policies, and safety standards.
• Must be proficient with technology and willing to learn new technology for use in the field and the office
• Performs other duties as required
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The work area can involve a working environment indoors as well as outdoors, which could cause exposure to outdoor elements; proper safety attire will be required. Some areas can have loud noise, active machinery, high pressure fluid systems, electrical equipment, confined spaces, heights and depths, fumes, air borne particles, noxious gases, pathogens and various chemicals. The use of appropriate safety equipment will be mandatory in these areas to prevent hazardous contact.
Must be able to sit, stand, stoop, twist and bend at the waist, turn, kneel, squat, raise arms above shoulder height, grasp, reach, perform repetitive hand movements and fine coordination to work on equipment, have vision sufficient to maintain equipment, have hearing in the normal range with or without correction. In an 8-hour shift must be able to transport self across the facility, ascend and descend stair steps, lift objects up to 40 pounds from floor level to waist height, climb and work off of a ladder or scaffold and climb into and out of vehicles having high ground clearance; use arms and back to tighten and loosen nuts and bolts; carry a 40 pound tool box up a flight of stairs; work in confined spaces and wear and use appropriate safety equipment.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Operator certification Water or Wastewater level 2 or Distribution or Collections 3 as required by the State of New Mexico or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
• 15 years of experience in the construction, maintenance and operation of collections or distribution systems
• Possess a valid Commercial Driver’s License
Preferred qualifications include:
• Basic electrical/mechanical knowledge involved in working on pump motors, controls or other equipment such as high velocity hydro cleaning equipment, power rodding, or other equipment used in removing debris from sewer pipe, and related equipment including line cleaning, TV inspection, and vactor truck operation.
• Knowledge of safe work practices, supervisory training, principles of budget preparation and expenditure control and federal and state laws as they pertain to the water/wastewater industry.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Primary Location: United States-New Mexico-Farmington-US NM Farmington - South Carlton Dr
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting: Apr 22, 2020, 7:18:20 PM
Job: Operations & Maintenance
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US NM Farmington - South Carlton Dr
615 South Carlton Drive