Jacobs is seeking a qualified Information Technology (IT) professional to support the USSOCOM SITEC II Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (EOM) contract. Your career at Jacobs enables USSOCOM to fulfill its mission to “Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks.” As a member of our team, you will support the vice president of the Enterprise Operations Group (EOG) as we partner with SOF military and civilian members to provide world-class IT services and support that connects over 60,000 users around the world in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services, security, end-user computing, and test and evaluation.
The Senior Network Engineer performs tier three network support in accordance with the SIE OPORD. Senior Network Engineers must be detail-oriented and have in-depth knowledge of networking hardware and software. Extensive experience in areas such as network design and implementation, LAN/WAN interfacing, security, internet protocols and TCP/IP, as well as server and network infrastructure is required. Candidates for the Senior Network Engineer tests and analyzes elements of network facilities, including power, software, security features, communications devices, communications lines, modems, and terminals and is responsible for the overall integration of the enterprise network. The Senior Network Engineer is also responsible for planning, modeling, simulation, design, installation, maintenance, management and coordination of the network. The Senior Network Engineer monitors and controls the performance and status of network resources by using software and hardware tools, as well as by identifying and diagnosing complex problems and factors affecting network performance. The Senior Network Engineer keeps his or her technical skills updated and studies vendor products to determine those which best meet the Government’s needs. The Senior Network Engineer provides guidance and direction for junior network support technicians.
- Engineer and lead enterprise data, voice and video networks
- Collaborate with vendors, the Government, carriers, and technical staff on network implementation, optimization and ongoing management
- Providing high-level support and technical expertise in networking technology, including LAN/WAN hardware, switches, bridges and routers
- Lead technical teams that integrating new technology into the existing operational environment
- Establish and document baselines to measure network performance and capability across a global enterprise
- Advise senior government staff on industry best practices
Required Clearance: TS/SCI
Description: increasingly complex and progressive experience in computer systems and network engineering, including two years of specialized experience related to the candidate’s assigned task. A master’s degree in network engineering or related field can count in lieu of years of experience.
Required Certification: Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II or higher and any two (2) of the following:
- CCNP Routing & Switching
- CCNP Security
- CCNP Collaboration
- CCNP Wireless
- CCNP Data Center
- CCNP Cloud
- Work will be performed inside a large facility. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting). Outside work may include various environmental conditions including hot, dusty, cold, icy and windy climates.
- Work may include travel with the military to participate in exercises in austere conditions
- Work may be in potentially dangerous areas, including combat or war zones. This might involve the possibility of suffering harm by dangerous forces or friendly fire. These dangers are inherent to working conditions in a dangerous environment.
- Work assignments vary based on client requirements.
- Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
Equipment and Machines
- General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
- Servers, switches and other computer equipment used to support network operations.
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is mandatory. Shift Work may be required to support operations. It is important to be able to work any shift/designated hours required.
- Position may require night and weekend work and could include travel with the military to participate in operations/exercises located in areas with field conditions.
- You may be asked to continue performance in support of a war, contingency, or exercise
- You may be asked to continue performance during inclement weather or other conditions when others are not permitted to work
- Position requires at least 1-year commitment. Early termination or transfer from this position to a CONUS location may result in wage garnishments for relocation, travel and other expenses paid by the company
- Extended Continental and Oversees travel will be required. May be required to attend off site meetings. Must obtain a current passport and applicable visa(s) prior to arrival in country. Must maintain a current passport and applicable visa’s in good standing.
Other Essential Functions
- Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
- Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client’s standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
- The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Florida-Tampa-20315-ESCM
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Apr 23, 2020, 6:33:04 PM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
7701 Tampa Point Blvd MacDill Air Force Base