Jacobs is currently interviewing qualified candidates for a Systems Administrator to support our customer in Vienna, VA. Top Secret clearance is required.
Job Description (describe the day-to-day):
- Perform daily system checks and review system logs to ensure optimal performance.
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of Linux servers and associated systems as well as related software.
- Administer and maintain Red Hat RHEL 6 and 7 technologies to include Satellite Server, Directory Services, Ansible, Ansible Tower, JBOSS, and OpenJDK.
- Maintain F5 Big IP.
- Maintain VMWare platforms.
- Carry out difficult and complex assignments, using new methods, approaches, and procedures.
- Apply new developments to previously unsolvable problems.
- Perform system testing and evaluation principles, methods, and tools.
- Maintain installation and configuration procedures for production and development systems.
- Patch Linux systems across all enclaves.
- Create and execute scripts in BASH and Python or any other scripting languages approved by the Government.
- Manage RHEL Identity Management services.
- Administer and manage Linux accounts.
- Ensure all security patches are coordinated with team resources and implemented in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation for all areas of responsibility.
- Troubleshoot complex issues independently as well as working with other engineering teams.
- Attend meetings as assigned; plan and carry out assignments; clearly communicate statuses of tasks.
- Interpret IT policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Test and optimize the functionality of systems, networks, and data.
- Ensure optimal use of commercially available products.
- Write and/or edit technical documents to include business Quotes, reports, user manuals, briefings, presentations, functional descriptions, system specifications, guidelines, special reports, and other project deliverables to meet contract requirements, proficiently using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Excel and Visio).
- Effectively interface with all levels of management and technical personnel using good oral and written communication skills
- May be designated as a member of the Emergency Response Group (ERG) to support actual and scheduled COOP activities.
- Remediate identified Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) related to obtaining and/or maintaining a systems Authority to Operate (ATO).
Desired Requirements (nice to have but not required):
- Must be able to demonstrate working in a 24/7 operational environment and working on call rotation.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of IT concepts, principles, methods, and practices.
- Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge of a Tier 2/3 Operational environment working on production systems and software including SAN/NAS, databases, virtualization and the entire Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge of cloud technology and vendors.
- Prefer Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification.
This position requires a Top Secret clearance.
- Master’s, Bachelor’s and/or Associate degrees are preferred. Exceptions may be made as follows:
- Master’s degree with two years of relevant experience; OR
- Bachelor’s degree with four years of relevant experience; OR
- Associate’s degree with six years of relevant experience; OR
- Eight years of relevant experience, unless otherwise noted.
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required.
Inside office/cubicle environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Equipment and Machines:
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice. Overtime is infrequent, but important when required (1%).
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Virginia-Vienna-20357-VA27
: Apr 23, 2020, 2:51:30 AM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
801 Follin Ln SE