Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Senior Environmental Specialist career path provides you the opportunity to lead the development and implementation of environmental compliance and management solutions for our clients. Each day, as part of our environmental compliance team you will be the face of JACOBS Engineering, Inc. as you support multi-discipline teams of client and consulting staff. You should be a self-motivated professional with 25-30 years of demonstrated experience in environmental compliance and project delivery.
Our Environmental Specialists will:
• Support the delivery of projects involving environmental strategy development, compliance assurance strategies, and design of associated work processes such as tools and training
• Provide attention to detail when making technical evaluations, reviewing or writing reports
• Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills and possess the ability to deliver high quality compliance advice, project outcomes, and deliverables to clients, regulatory agencies, and internal team members.
• Learning and understanding of the implications of environmental regulations to different clients and industries
• Enjoy mentoring junior staff in environmental compliance technical expertise, environmental consulting, and client interactions/relationships for career development and department growth
• Develop internal relationships to support the overall growth and success of JACOBS
• 25+ years of experience within environmental engineering is required
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience (Engineering Degree preferred)
• Advanced knowledge of federal and local environmental regulations required
• Ability to travel from time to time may be required
• Experience with implementing or auditing one or more major environmental regulations required
• NY State experience is preferred
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York-US NY New York - 7th Avenue
Job Posting: Apr 23, 2020, 10:25:22 PM
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Part-Time Regular
US NY New York - 7th Avenue
500 7th Avenue 17th floor
New York 10018