Chewy is seeking an Accounts Payable Supervisor, who will assist directly in overseeing the development and performance of the company’s Accounts Payable team in our Dania Beach, FL office. The ideal candidate for this position will be a skilled finance professional responsible for processing all routine and non-routine payments, reconciling vendor accounts, managing the current Accounts Payable team, and assisting with other related duties as noted below. The AP Supervisor will also be responsible for monitoring related internal control standards, developing analytical reports to support daily operations, and ensuring the integrity of all departmental work.
A successful candidate will be one who can further implement departmental efficiencies, maintain strong internal controls over the Accounts Payable process, and provide excellent customer service to both internal and external parties.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for oversight of the AP processes, procedures and team, including but not limited to compliance with policies and procedures, payment terms, exception management, etc.
- Ensure transaction coding/accounting records accuracy
- Liaison between AP team, operations, procurement, and accounting to coordinate and resolve issues/inefficiencies
- Implement projects to migrate processes to more efficient methods and continue to evaluate existing procedures to discover opportunities for process improvement
- Assist in developing, documenting and enforcing accounts payable policies and procedures.
- Overseeing routine department activities, such as disbursing checks, to ensure that they are completed accurately and timely
- Manage the accounts payable staff, to include training, coaching, and performance appraisals.
- Building and maintaining relationships with employees, clients, and vendors
- Create and promote continuing professional learning and development program for team members
- Identify and establish key Accounts Payable metrics and targets (daily, weekly, monthly and annual)
- Understand multi-tiered GL structure to accurately code expenses to proper G/L accounting segment
- Assist Accounting team with month-end close processes, including A/P accruals and related account reconciliations
- Reconcile monthly corporate credit card (AmEx and Wells Fargo) activity
- Serve as liaison for the accounts payable department in providing resolution to invoice disputes and inquiries, both from external (e.g. vendors, auditors, etc.) parties and internal departments
- Prepare monthly aging analysis of open payables balances
- Supervise reconciliation of key vendor accounts and their balances
- Help with special projects and ad hoc tasks such as providing supporting documents to external auditors or management team
- Maintain necessary files for audit trail and assist in performance of internal/external audit of department activities
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred and 5 or more years of related experience
- Three or more years of supervisory/management experience
- Intermediate Excel skills including V-lookups, pivot tables, etc.
- Strong process and analytical skills with proven ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Excellent Communication skills working with both internal/external customers/vendors
- Critical thinking, problem resolution, and detail oriented
- Experience with SOX- based control requirements is a plus
- Oracle Fusion Cloud ERP experience a plus
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact HR@Chewy.com.