Jacobs Technology provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks will support the International Space Station, Ground Systems Development and Operations, and the Space Launch System, Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle and Launch Services programs.
- Responsible for actual GSE subsystem software, including all interfaces between local & remote software subsystems
- Responsible for software documents for the GSE Subsystem
- Responsible for understanding the software development processes and making sure the team follows that process
- Defines and manages the detailed tasks of the subsystem software developers
- Maintain up & out communication from subsystem team to LCS
- Maintain down & in communication from LCS to subsystem team
- Monitor and report the following to subsystem PM and subsystem SE as appropriate
BS degree in Electrical, Computer, Software engineering, or an appropriate engineering field from an accredited engineering school and a minimum of twelve (12) years of direct progressive and relevant experience. Additional relevant education may be substituted for a portion of the experience.
- Experience troubleshooting electrical and mechanical controls systems is a plus
- Experience working with VersionOne or other agile software development tools is a plus
- Experience working with RequisitePro and/or Jama tool-sets is a plus
- Thorough Knowledge of KSC/NASA standards is required
- In Depth knowledge of TOSC / JSOG Operational Procedures relative to System Engineering, Project Management and Software Development is highly desirable
- Knowledge of Kennedy Space Centers Ground & Flight Application Software Team (GFAST) Structure is a plus
- Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's), and Human Machine Interface (HMI) Panel-View displays and software development is a plus
- Knowledge of software platforms such as LabView, C++, Visual Basic, Unix, and Allen Bradley PLC's/RSLogix is highly desirable
- Knowledge of product testing methods using Software Models & Simulation Tools is a plus
- Ability to read and understand Engineering schematics, drawings, 3D CAD files, test plans, test procedures, software code and Engineering specifications is a must
- Ability to understand and manage NASA & TOSC contract specific software development processes is a must
- Excellent oral and written communication skills is a must
- Experience working with budgets and rate schedules is highly desirable
- Experience working as a member of a formal team and be able to function as such immediately is a must
- Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision and only general guidance, and must be able to take ownership of a project and resolve issues
- Must be able to present information to upper management and customers
- In-depth computer experience with Microsoft Office products, Internet browsers, and Outlook is a must
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects is required
- Must be able to perform as a system product integrator during software builds and engineering documentation releases
- Must be able to perform other duties as assigned
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, if necessary
- Will be required to climb stairs in order to access equipment for trouble shooting.
- Will be required to wear hearing protection, eye protection and other associated personal protective equipment.
- Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing.
- Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
- Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
- Will be required to work inside and outside throughout the test complex.
- Position may require daily individual to travel to different areas on site.
- Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
- Climbing ladders and platforms may be necessary.
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company
- safety standards.
Equipment and Machines
- Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules.
- Variety of equipment used in testing.
- Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday.
- Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work depending on task.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Shift work may be required.
Other Essential Functions
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
- Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must comply with all “drug free workplace” requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
- Government security clearance may be required in the future.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
: United States-Florida-Kennedy Space Center-20339-KSC
: Apr 24, 2020, 10:40:59 PM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Kennedy Space Center 32899