Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors. For more information, visit www.jacobs.com
• Lead a strong and high performing team that succeeds in delighting the government customer and JSEG management.
• Provide technical area supervision to include assigning and balancing team skills to various task orders to meet customer and JSEG management expectations.
• Ensure excellent customer relations and harmonious team dynamics and operations through excellent communication and conflict resolution.
• Drive employee awareness and commitment to personal safety, mission success and client satisfaction.
• Collaborate with Department Manager to assign and develop lead personnel for each task order or subtask as appropriate.
• Perform and support task/subtask resource allocation, tracking, and control.
• Ensure that tasks and subtasks are estimated correctly and that task and subtask technical, schedule and financial performance meet expectations.
• Provide oversight of individual and team technical performance. This may include directly supporting tasks as an individual team member, providing technical expertise in a discipline, establishing and implementing processes in the JSEG Performance Management System (JPMS), and confirming the technical quality of the work products generated by team personnel.
• Train and develop team personnel through on-the job training, strategic technical assignments, peer-to-peer training, classes, etc.
• Forecast future resource/skills/development needs in collaboration with department management to efficiently manage and train the workforce to maximize flexibility and efficiency.
• Identify and manage cost/technical/schedule risks to ensure accomplishment of task order requirements, ESSCA goals and objectives, and the JSEG annual business plan.
• Implement the ESSCA safety program for the team and lead by example in our Beyond Zero culture.
• Perform hiring functions to meet team support requirements: define position requirements, conduct candidate recruiting, lead interviewing and selection, and perform on-boarding activities.
• Define employee goals and objectives and conduct performance evaluations. Support disciplinary processes with team personnel if needed.
• Implement the awards and recognition program within the team and drive team morale.
• Review and approve employee travel and training needs and requests and associated expense reports.
• Establish and oversee specialty subcontracting requirements in collaboration with the JSEG Business and Finance Office (BFO) to include coordination of task assignments and performance, development of subcontractor Statements of Work (SOW) and management of subcontractors.
• Conduct special projects as assigned by Department Manager or Office of Program Manager.
Minimum of 10 years in a technical discipline is required. Degree in engineering or related field is required. Degree from an ABET accredited university preferred.
• PhD and 4+ years of direct experience
• Masters and 8+ years of direct experience
• Bachelors and 10+ years of direct experience
Additional desired skills:
• Software Design, Development and Test experience
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Broad customer and professional network in the field of technical expertise.
• Participation in professional society, e.g. AIAA, IEEE, NSBE, SHPE, SWE, etc.
• Technical leadership and engineering management in aerospace disciplines.
• Demonstrated skills in the areas of technical management and systems management as needed to support evaluation of MSFC programs and projects.
The Jacobs Space Exploration Group (JSEG) offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally within a framework of strong leadership, competitive compensation, and rewarding career paths. Come join our team on the Engineering Services and Science Capability Augmentation (ESSCA) contract whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations!
General office environment (100%). Requires ability to provide clear, concise, accurate and timely communication, both verbally and in writing (100%). Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers, management, and client (100%). Requires travel in the domestic USA (<15%).
Requires sitting for extended periods of time in meetings with peers, management, and with our client at NASA facilities to discuss technical issues (10%). Also, requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk to write reports and perform engineering tasks (80%). Requires ability to use stairs or elevators for access between floors and multiple buildings at NASA and Jacobs facilities (10%).
Equipment and Machines:
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, fax machine, copier, calculator, and other general office equipment (100%).
Normal workday is from 7:30 a.m. through 4:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday. Minimal overtime may be required (10%) to meet schedule milestones and to support technical demands of the job. Regular attendance is a necessity and adequate arrangements for delegating duties during absences are required.
Other Essential Functions:
The ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and to make rational decisions, and to exercise good judgment is essential (100%). Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
: United States-Alabama-Huntsville-20320-MSFC
: Apr 25, 2020, 1:04:42 AM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
620 Discovery Drive