Jacobs is seeking a qualified Information Technology (IT) professional to support the USSOCOM SITEC II Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (EOM) contract. Your career at Jacobs enables USSOCOM to fulfill its mission to “Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks.” As a member of our team, you will support the vice president of the Enterprise Operations Group (EOG) as we partner with SOF military and civilian members to provide world-class IT services and support that connects over 60,000 users around the world in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services, security, end-user computing, and test and evaluation.
Web Applications Engineers are responsible for the operation, maintenance and development of the command’s web collaborative information environment and SharePoint collection sites. This position shall analyze requirements and design code, test, debug and document custom or framework-based front-end script and markup language.
Responsibilities include the design, development and implementation of capabilities within the web collaborative information environment and support the Command Knowledge Manager in translating business/user requirements into system/software requirements specifications and models and assist the Business Process Analyst and SharePoint Specialist on transferring plans into code based solutions.
Typical duties include:
- For each project, develop a work breakdown structure and schedule with milestones, which includes technical reviews and audits, quality assurance checks, and customer acceptance testing.
- Perform software development work in a non-production development environment.
- Provide consulting services and technical support for the creation and maintenance of a development and staging environment.
- Test developed software to assure accuracy, integrity, interoperability and completeness.
- Create and revise documentation that addresses what core functionality and/or provided capability in a particular version of delivered a software product.
- Create and revise end-user documentation to include how-to guides, training guides, and frequently asked questions (FAQs).
- Assist the Government in the preparation of training materials to include delivering the user manual, demonstrating new product features, providing sample test data and preparing scripts to support training objectives.
- Gathering business requirements and developing specifications for web-based applications
- Providing technical assistance to web administrators
- Integrating websites with back-end systems such as databases
- Writing test plans, executing test plans, and documenting test results
- Keeping technology stacks fresh so they are maintainable and consistently provide good user experiences
- Working closely with other developers, designers, testers and project leads
- Enhancing and maintaining existing applications written in a variety of languages and frameworks
Clearance Requirements: TS/SCI
- Bachelor's Degree. Significant relevant experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- DoDD 8570.01-M IAT Level II or higher
Additional desired (Not Required) certifications, skills, experience, and/or knowledge:
- SharePoint Certifications
- MCSE Productivity
- MCSA Office 365
- Knowledge Management Training or Certifications
- Military Training or Experience
- ITIL v3 Certification
- Project Management Certification
- Agile Project Management Certification
- Security + Certified or other IAT Level II Certification
- Knowledge of AD Architecture and Groups Management
- MCSD Web Apps
- 4 years of recent web development experience.
- Work will be performed inside a large facility. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting).
- Work assignments vary based on client requirements.
- Work may include travel with the military to participate in exercises in austere conditions
- Outside work may include various environmental conditions including hot, dusty, cold, icy and windy climates.
- Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
- May require climbing, working at heights and in small confined spaces such as under raised floors, inside closets and server racks. Must be able to sit, stoop, kneel or crouch for long periods of time. Work in noisy areas with hotter and colder temperature than standard office environmental conditions. Lift and transport equipment up to 50 pounds.
Equipment and Machines
- General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
- Servers, switches, routers and other computer equipment that supports the network environment.
- Operating hand tools, power tools, ladders and test equipment.
- May require operating motor vehicles.
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is mandatory.
- It is important to be able to work any shift/designated hours required.
- You may be asked to continue performance in support of a war, contingency, or exercise
- You may be asked to continue performance during inclement weather or other conditions when others are not permitted to work
- Position may require night and weekend work and could include travel with the military to participate in operations/exercises located in areas with field conditions
- Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
Other Essential Functions
#SITEC #I2S Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
- Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
- Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels.
- Candidate must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client’s standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
- The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.
: United States-North Carolina-Fort Bragg-20315-EFBR
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Apr 25, 2020, 1:20:15 AM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Reilly St & Macomb St
Fort Bragg 28307