Regional Director St. Louis/Minneapolis
CoStar Group is the world’s leading provider of information and marketing solutions for the commercial real estate markets. We are a NASDAQ 100 company with a market cap of $25 billion and sit alongside other notable names such as Amazon, Facebook, Google and Apple.
We are a technology company, and the trusted partner for all market participants including many of the most well-respected brokers, landlords, lenders, institutional investors, government agencies and service providers.
We do this by providing research, data, analytics, innovative tools and powerful marketing platforms in the US and internationally.
As a CoStar Regional Director (RD), you will have overall responsibility for ensuring the development and successful delivery of CoStar’s growth objectives for the business in your assigned region. You will be responsible for growing and developing the region’s revenues by selling new subscriptions to new customers, growing existing customer revenues by up/crossing selling additional/other CoStar services and ensuring high levels of customer service and high renewal rates.
You will manage a team of sales professionals who are focused on growing new and existing customer business, driving product usage/adoption, preventing reversals, managing accounts and providing outstanding customer service.
• Grow regional/team revenues, meet and exceed annual sales growth targets
• Attract, hire, develop, motivate and develop high impact sales people capable of meeting/exceeding sales quota
• Spend 3-4 days per week in the field on sales calls with their sales people and provide coaching and training as necessary to enhance their sales effectiveness by meeting and exceeding sales quotas
• Manage the identification, prioritization and winning of new client relationships as well as the retention and growth of our current clients. Get to know all of the major accounts in the market
• Monitor sales performance and hold sales people accountable to the required level of sales activity and client relationships to ensure the achievement of business performance targets and standards
• Active management of team member’s weekly activities is essential including weekly attendance to the Monday Morning Sales Meeting, weekly CoStar office attendance and prompt use of Enterprise/GoSell CRM systems which captures sales activities, sales pipelines and account assignments
• Establish individual and team performance targets that align with overall business goals. Monitor performance and take action, as necessary, to ensure timely resolution of performance issues and personnel changes required to ensure targets are achieved
• Develop and mentor all team members
• Ensure CoStar culture and values are adopted my team members
• Five or more years of progressive experience in a front line sales leadership role, preferably from a commercial real estate, information services, financial services or SaaS sales company
• Five or more years of experience directly managing 6-12 sales professionals, including the ability to attract, hire, train and develop a high performing sales team
• Experience being responsible for a book of business in excess of $3 million in annual revenue
• Experience managing sales efforts in a highly transactional, consultative sales oriented, fast-paced organization with a short cycle-time sales model
• Bachelor’s degree
PREFERRED QUALIFCATIONS AND SKILLS
• Demonstrated ability to build long-term and sustainable relationships and business partnerships with clients at all levels
• Demonstrated track record of rapidly growing a sales territory or market through organic growth via a combination of new client acquisition and existing account growth and consistently exceeding sales performance targets over multiple years
• Effective internal relationship building skills (superiors, peers, teams, company-wide) and externally (sales channels, customers, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to retain proven sales producers and remove non-producers
• Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing situations at a high growth company
• Industry leader with an energetic and fast paced dynamic culture
• 95% customer renewal rate and a Net Promoter Score (High Customer Satisfaction) of 9.2 out of 10
• 20%+ average of year over growth and aggressive plans to become a $3 billion dollar company in the next few years
• Outstanding sales and product training programs
• Excellent compensation and an outstanding annual Presidents Club trip for top performers
Be part of a team of sales professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbJRnJ2sX0
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing