The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Civil Site Engineer is responsible for the quality of civil engineering work performed, client service, utilization of staff, marketing, reputation of the office, contract management, and project profitability for civil engineering projects. Such projects include, but are not limited to land/site development, transportation, and public works.
• Uses advanced techniques to modify and extend civil engineering theories, precepts and practices.
• Plans and conducts work requiring independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation/ modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
• Independently resolves complex engineering problems.
• Conceptualizes the initial civil design approach for major phases of large land/site development, related projects, or has overall responsibility for the civil engineering work on an aforementioned type project of a larger scope.
• Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates civil engineering work.
• Also, supervises the design and ongoing progress of a project, including the coordination of the project with City, State, and County officials, and other outside agencies.
• Resolves a variety of complex problems, (i.e. conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, difficult coordination requirements).
• Consults with supervisor on unusual problems and developments.
• Serves as a liaison between clients and agencies, subcontractors, and design teams.
• Reviews plans and prepares or reviews technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates.
• Participates in contract bidding and administration; observes project action on site.
• Leads, coordinates and reviews the work of less experienced engineers and/or technical support personnel assigned to the project.
• Performs other duties assigned by a Senior or Lead Engineer or Project Manager.
• Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering
• Professional Engineering
• United States Citizenship
• Secret Clearance
• 5+ years experience on site development, grading, paving, utility infrastructure, and/or drainage projects, and experience utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D
• Demonstrated ability to utilize computer systems as a tool to effectively manage projects
• Experience on federal, retail, and/or municipal projects
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Note to Virginia Job Seekers: Jacobs ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact the Human Resources Director at our Arlington, VA office at 571-218-1000. Persons with hearing-and speech-impairments can contact Jacobs by using the Virginia Relay Service, a toll-free telecommunication device for the deaf (TDD). Call 711 for TTY/TDD.Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Arlington-US VA Arlington - Jfi - Arlington, Va
Job Posting: Jul 2, 2020, 1:07:36 AM
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US VA Arlington - Jfi - Arlington, Va
1100 N. GLEBE RD,5TH FLOOR