Job # 545302
What you’ll be doing...
As a Senior Construction Engineer, you’ll manage the CP&G aspects of the Network MSC Building program for a sub-market to preserve mission critical facilities that ensure the consistency in building construction and implementation. You’ll be responsible for helping identify needs for growth to support changes in AC Power, DC Power, HVAC, and other building systems in order to manage the growth of our network systems.
Responsibilities associated with the position include:
- Performing MSC building, owner/grounding, mechanical, and infrastructure implementation projects to support equipment growth at the MSC locations in the Mountain Submarket.
- Working with West Territory CPG planners to develop action plans and budgets to support the assigned offices.
- Executing projects with a sense of urgency and a particular focus on accuracy of implementation.
- Managing your assigned budget to ensure that all purchasing, financial, accounting, and SOX requirements are met.
- Executing all projects within the guidelines and standards that are published by the HQ EOS Compliance team.
- Working with the local Mountain Network Assurance teams to make sure that all solutions are implemented in a way that operations supports the direction in order to avoid disruptions to service and cell site growth.
- *This position will primarily focus on the Mountain sub market MSC's but may also be asked to cover any location in the West market based on the work load balance of their peers.*
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
- Valid driver’s license.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Construction Science, or related technical degree or equivalent power/ construction work experience.
- Experience in mission critical facility design, construction, project management, or operations with a knowledge and understanding of:
- Mechanical, electrical structural, and civil engineering construction principles or process.
- Telecommunications facilities design and construction plans.
- Emergency generators (750+kW).
- National Electrical Code requirements and other regulatory guidelines.
- AC/UPS/DC distribution systems and troubleshooting of power equipment.
- General building commissioning and maintenance processes.
- Building support systems (HVAC, Fire, Security).
- Operations or Engineering experience with:
- DC Power :GE Lineage, Tyco, Emerson, Marconi, Lorain.
- AC Switch gear: Square D, Cutler Hammer, Russ Electric, ASCO, GE.
- Working knowledge of MSC, CDMA and LTE, equipment.
- Understanding of Verizon network standards.
- Strong vendor management and project management skills with experience managing complex cross-functional technical projects.
- A drive for results with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environments where you’ll manage multiple projects and deliver results within prescribed timelines.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.