Job # 545299
What you’ll be doing...
The Senior Technical Writer is responsible for producing high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our products. Specific responsibilities include:
- Working collaboratively with product managers, developers, network engineers, and solution architects to obtain an in-depth understanding of the products, solutions and documentation requirements.
- Planning, developing, maintaining, coordinating, organizing, and managing documentation, Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) for multiple Technical Data Packages (TDP), training documentation, operational procedures, and manuals.
- Researching, developing, and documenting technical design specifications and test plan documentation.
- Writing easy-to-understand user interface text, online help, and developer guides.
- Producing electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals.
- Creating tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications, hardware, and software.
- Producing high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Maintaining a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation.
- Analyzing documents to maintain continuity of style of content.
- Managing updates and revisions to technical literature.
- Analyzing existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have…
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in technical writing of documentation (e.g., SOPs, CONOPS, test plans, testing documentation, training documentation, technical solution documents, product and service descriptions).
- This position requires the ability to pass an extensive security background investigation as a condition of employment.
Even better if you have...
- Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent with a minimum of three years of experience.
- The ability to deliver high-quality documentation requiring a particular attention to detail.
- The ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Excellent writing skills in English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- The ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Basic familiarity with the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.