Job # 545163
What you’ll be doing...
You will be responsible for designing automated tests to validate custom software system products and services. You will apply their experience and knowledge in reviewing requirements, creating test plans, detailed test cases, test reports, and producing quality assurance metrics. Other responsibilities include working closely with software and systems engineers in debugging and defining corrective actions.
- Support the scoping and implementation of technical solutions: estimate, prioritize, and coordinate testing activities.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans, test cases, and test reports.
- Utilize open source tools or develop custom scripts for automating tests to validate software products involving both back-end processing systems and front-end Web-based GUIs.
- Execute functional, integration, regression, performance, and resiliency tests for multiple applications/subsystems.
- Identify, record, and thoroughly document bugs.
- Track quality assurance metrics.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Testing experience on back-end data processing applications – hands on/working knowledge on Linux systems.
- Scripting experience with programming languages such as Python or Perl.
- Must be able to pass an extensive background investigation as a condition of employment.
Even better if you have:
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or relevant engineering field, or relevant experience.
- Five or more years of experience in software quality assurance.
- Performance and/or security testing.
- Experience with the following technologies/processes: SMTP, DNS, TCP/IP, Database/SQL knowledge, Atlassian suite, Networking technologies, Agile methodologies, Big Data technologies – Hadoop/HBase/SOLR/Kafka/Nifi.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good soft skills in working with other engineering and analytical teams to arrive at optimal solutions to technical challenges.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.