DescriptionWe share a common purpose – to make the world more connected and sustainable. And we’re excited about the innovative ways we can change the world. If you are also interested in turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good, then Jacobs is where you belong. We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Process Mechanical Engineer in Boise, Idaho. As part of our team, you’ll have the chance to work on projects that bring innovative solutions to our municipal clients’ water and wastewater challenges locally and worldwide.
You’ll be charged with designing piping and pumping systems as well as provide oversight of construction for a variety of industrial clients and projects. You’ll also evaluate and select equipment, piping materials and valves, assist with facility layouts, develop calculations, P&IDs and construction documents. In addition, you’ll coordinate with other project disciplines, direct the work of CAD technicians, and produce construction documents. Using your leadership skills, you’ll be part of a team engaged in delivering some of the most exciting projects in the Western United States, and beyond.
QualificationsHere’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university or college
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in various aspects of process mechanical design of water and wastewater systems
• Holds an active professional engineering (PE) license
• Experience and familiarity with National Building Codes.
• Capable of working in a team environment, including giving and receiving critical feedback
• Strong and effective verbal and written communications skills
• Successful experience with working and managing remote domestic and international staff
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• 5-10 years’ experience in industrial, water, or wastewater mechanical engineering.
• Proficiency in hydraulic modeling software. (AFT Fathom, Pipe-Flo)
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Primary Location: United States-Idaho-Boise-US ID Boise - W Main Street
Job Posting: Jul 3, 2020, 2:21:00 AM
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US ID Boise - W Main Street
999 W Main Street, Suite 1200