Job # 544966
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon recently acquired BlueJeans and plans to transition BlueJeans employees into Verizon compensation and benefits programs. This position will be part of that planned transition.
BlueJeans is looking for a technical lead to help us build high performance, scalable, resilient services for Bluejeans Ecommerce and other partner integration solutions.
- Design and implement web services across business applications including partner integrations and ECommerce platform.
- Lead a team of high-quality engineers in a fast-paced product organization towards the development & integration of multiple services.
- Lead in requirements gathering, planning, design, and implementation of various solutions.
- Mentor engineers on technical aspects and work closely with other stakeholders like product management, partners and support teams.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Hands-on experience with functional or imperative programming languages —e.g., Python, Ruby, Go, C, or Java (used with and without frameworks).
- Experience designing, implementing, and deploying large scalable REST services.
Even better if you have:
- Strong technical expertise in areas of UI development, REST APIs, database management.
- Strong computer science fundamentals — e.g. data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- Ability to work in a cross-geo environment with extensive stakeholder management across Engineering, Products, Program Management, and Support.
- Well-versed in sprint estimation, planning, tracking, change management and delivery, with prior experience of Agile-based development environments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Led a code base with high UT code coverage and CI as a normal part of the development.
- Strong understanding and appreciation for design first thinking and quality of user experience.
- Experience with automation frameworks and QA practices.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.