Job # 544874
What you’ll be doing...
The Systems Engineering team provides end-to-end detailed engineering, simulation and analysis of wireless and wireline systems as typically defined by the Industry Forums and Network Planning to assist the Network Engineering teams in the development, deployment and troubleshooting of complex systems.
- Develops cutting-edge, complex network simulation models of the 4G / 5G core in order to study the functionality, performance and robustness of the network over numerous use cases and scenarios.
- Designs, simulates and coordinates complex networks at the core level to evaluate and assess the functionality, performance and robustness of the network over numerous business use cases and operational scenarios.
- Analyzes simulation results and performance logs in order to troubleshoot issues, develop detailed specifications, system optimization and develop white papers.
- Understand the latest 3GPP communication standards and systems.
- Interfaces with industry organizations (vendors, global operators, specification bodies) to compare merits of specifications and whitepapers.
- Partners with internal organizations (Maintenance Engineering, System Performance, NDET, Device Technology, NNO, etc.) to launch new network technologies and troubleshoot issues.
- Coach and mentor more junior level team members.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- A Degree.
- A Master’s degree.
- Strong project management skills to execute on roadmap.
- The ability to work on a team and independently on multiple high priority projects.
- Experience in the telecommunications industry (network provider, MNO / MSO, silicon provider, device OEM, etc.) architecting or deploy complex communication networks.
- Background of communication theory, networking concepts, and protocols.
- Excellent knowledge of LTE and 5G-NR.
- Experience architecting, engineering, supporting the Packet Core Networks and understanding the end-to-end architecture.
- Good understanding of relevant 3GPP, ETSI, and GSMA standards.
- Excellent communication and advanced presentation skills.
- Strong designs / analysis skills and problem solving capabilities.
- Ability to facilitate collaborative resolution of differences with a “win-win” approach.
- Organizational and interpersonal skills, plus proven relationship building abilities.
- Experience utilizing system diagnostics to troubleshoot issues and / or predict performance.
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques.
- Familiarity IMS, VoLTE, PON and other wireline technologies, WiFi.
- Experience with 3GPP LTE/LTE-A and NR standards in UE, eNodeB and / or gNodeB products.
- Familiarity with NFV standards and ecosystem including vRAN and LTE/5G core network architectures.
- IP internetworking knowledge and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with the 4G and 5G cores including: SMF / AMF / UPF / PCF / AUSF.
- Experience with Dynamic Routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, etc.)
- Familiarity with network core protocols such as Diameter, GTP, SCTP, SIP.
- Experience with simulation applications (e.g. Labview, Matlab, OPNET, NS-3, etc.) highly desirable.
- Experience with scripting / programming languages (Python, Java, C++, Perl, etc.).
- Familiarity with diagnostic applications and protocols (PCAP).
- Familiarity with Linux, Windriver, and OpenStack.
- Experience with Cloud Native Architecture, Contains / Microservice principles, Virtualized Platform principles.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.