Job # 545133
What you’ll be doing...
The primary responsibility will be to provide complete front-to-end engineering and installation of Cisco and Juniper router-based IP network solutions.
- Providing Tier III technical support to Tier II for Cisco and Juniper equipment.
- Providing technical support to project planning team for the development and implementation of proposals.
- Assisting in the design, writing and execution of various test plans on commercial and in-house developed network elements using various test tools and hardware.
- Assisting in the design, prototype and deployment of products and services to meet customer needs.
- Maintaining and proposingenhancements to existing customer networks.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Willingness to travel.
- Degree in Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Three or more years of experience that includes network design, operational support and hands-on implementation and configuration of network devices such as servers, routers, hubs and switches.
- CCNA or JNCIP certifications.
- Knowledge of test equipment to include Spirent TestCenter (Avalanche/Reflector).
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Willingness to carry a pager to respond to trouble calls after hours.
- Router-Based industry experience.
- Knowledge in many data networking protocols.
- Knowledge of Frame Relay, Ethernet, MPLS, TCP/IP, VPN, and IP Telephony.
- Experience with OSI model, routing protocols and their application to router configurations.
- Eligibility to pass an extensive background investigation as a condition of employment.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.