Job # 544873
What you’ll be doing...
The Systems Engineering team provides end-to-end detailed engineering, simulation and analysis of wireless and wireline systems as typically defined by the Industry Forums and Network Planning to assist the Network Engineering teams in the development, deployment and troubleshooting of complex systems.
- Develop complex wireless simulation models of 4G / 5G in order to study the functionality, performance and robustness of the network over numerous use cases and scenarios.
- Designs, simulates and coordinates complex communications systems at the system level to evaluate and assess the functionality, performance and robustness of the network over numerous business use cases and operational scenarios.
- Analyzes simulation results and performance logs in order to troubleshoot issues, develop detailed specifications, system optimization and develop white papers.
- Research and evaluate new wireless communication system design for 5G covering baseband and/or RF domains.
- Integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of interfaces
- Interface with industry organizations (vendors, global operators, specification bodies) to compare merits of specifications and whitepapers.
- Partner with internal organizations (Maintenance Engineering, System Performance, Network-Device Evaluation Team, Device Technology, NNO, etc.) to launch new network technologies and troubleshoot issues.
- Coach and mentor more junior level team members.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- A Master’s degree.
- Strong project management skills to execute on roadmap.
- Ability to work on a team and independently on multiple high priority projects.
- Experience in the telecommunications industry (network provider, MNO / MSO, silicon provider, device OEM, etc.) architecting or deploy complex communication networks.
- Solid understanding in communication theory (modulation, coding, acquisition) and signal processing.
- Knowledge of LTE and 5GNR.
- Good understanding of relevant 3GPP, ETSI, and GSMA standards.
- Communication andpresentation skills.
- Strong designs / analysis skills and problem solving capabilities.
- Ability to facilitate collaborative resolution of differences with a “win-win” approach.
- Organizational and interpersonal skills, plus proven relationship building abilities.
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques
- Experience with utilizing system diagnostics to troubleshoot issues and / or predict performance.
- Knowledge of IMS, VoLTE, WiFi.
- Knowledge with 4G / 5G wireless protocols: PHY, Layer 2 (MAC, PDCP, RLC), Layer 3 (RRC, NAS).
- Experience with wireless channel modeling and interference estimation.
- Familiarity with RF propagation characteristics of sub 6 GHz and millimeter wave frequencies.
- Experience with simulation applications (e.g. Matlab, OPNET, NS-3, etc.) .
- Experience with scripting / programming languages (Python, Java, C++, Perl, etc.).
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.