Job # 544872
What you’ll be doing...
The Systems Engineering team provides end-to-end detailed engineering, simulation and analysis of wireless and wireline systems as typically defined by the Industry Forums and Network Planning to assist the Network Engineering teams in the development, deployment and troubleshooting of complex systems.
- Builds network simulation models of 4G / 5G in order to study the functionality, performance and robustness of the network over numerous use cases and scenarios.
- Designs and simulates networks at the core system level to evaluate and assess the functionality, performance and robustness over numerous business use cases and operational scenarios.
- Analyzes simulation results and performance logs in order to troubleshoot issues, and develop detailed specifications.
- Applies the latest 3GPP communication standards and systems.
- Evaluates and defines the interoperability between network nodes for different technologies, functions, and use cases.
- Collaborates with internal organizations (Maintenance Engineering, System Performance, NDET, Device Technology, NNO, etc.) to launch new network technologies and troubleshoot issues.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A Master’s degree.
- Strong project management skills to execute on roadmap.
- Ability to work on a team and independently on multiple projects.
- Experience in the telecommunications industry (network provider, MNO / MSO, silicon provider, device OEM, etc.).
- Experience with communication theory, networking concepts and protocols.
- Knowledge of LTE, 5GNR, VoLTE.
- Knowledge of the Packet Core Networks and understanding the end-to-end architecture.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience with Cloud Native Architecture, Containers / Microservice / Virtualized Platform principles.
- Excellent communication and advanced presentation skills.
- Strong designs / analysis skills and problem solving capabilities.
- Ability to facilitate collaborative resolution of differences with a “win-win” approach.
- Organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience utilizing system diagnostics to troubleshoot issues and / or predict performance.
- Experience with IMS, PON and other wireline technologies, Wi-Fi.
- IP internetworking knowledge and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of 4G and 5G cores including: SMF / UPF / AMF / MME, SAEGW, SPGW, ePDG, SaMOB.
- Knowledge of relevant 3GPP, ETSI, and GSMA standards.
- Experience with simulation applications (e.g. Labview, Matlab, OPNET, NS-3, etc.).
- Experience with scripting / programming languages (Python, Java, C++, Perl, etc.).
- Experience with diagnostic applications and protocols (PCAP).
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.