Job # 544870
What you’ll be doing...
The Systems Engineering team provides end-to-end detailed engineering, simulation and analysis of wireless and wireline systems as typically defined by the Industry Forums and Network Planning to assist the Network Engineering teams in the development, deployment and troubleshooting of complex systems.
- Builds simulation models of 4G / 5G wireless systems in order to study the functionality and performance of the network over numerous use cases and scenarios.
- Designs and simulates complex communications systems at the RAN system level to evaluate and assess the functionality, and performance of the network over numerous business use cases and operational scenarios.
- Analyzes simulation results and performance logs in order to troubleshoot issues and develop detailed specifications.
- Understands, evaluates and applies the latest 3GPP wireless communication standards and systems
- Integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of interfaces
- Collaborate with internal organizations (Maintenance Engineering, System Performance, NDET, Device Technology, NNO, etc.) to launch new network technologies and troubleshoot issues.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A Master’s degree.
- Demonstrated project management skills experience
- The ability to work on a team and independently on multiple priority projects.
- Experience in the telecommunications industry (network provider, MNO / MSO, silicon provider, device OEM, etc.).
- Solid understanding of communication theory (modulation, coding, acquisition) and signal processing.
- Familiarity LTE, 5GNR, IMS
- Excellent communication and advanced presentation skills.
- Strong designs / analysis skills and problem solving capabilities.
- Ability to facilitate collaborative resolution of differences with a “win-win” approach.
- Proven organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity in machine learning.
- Familiarity IMS, VoLTE, WiFi.
- Familiarity with wireless channel modeling and interference estimation.
- Experience with simulation applications (e.g. Matlab, OPNET, NS-3, etc.).
- Experience with scripting / programming languages (Python, Java, C++, Perl, etc.).
- Experience with diagnostic applications and protocols (e.g. PCAP).
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.