Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Manages the prime contract and the relationship with the customer’s internal management team. Implements prime contract management program and helps drive compliance with contracts administration procedures.
This position assists in proposal support, negotiation, and management and execution of the prime contract in conjunction with sales, operations, and the project manager. Ensures compliance with government regulations, statutes, and client practices. This role will support multiple projects of various sizes and complexity. This position will play a large role in change management and pre-claim support. It is expected that the individual will have extensive knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations and various agency supplements, contract management best practices and skills required for efficiently managing multiple contracts.
• Advise the project management team on the contractual significance of proposed actions. Be the subject matter expert on the prime contracts.
• Negotiate changes to the terms and conditions in order to reduce risk exposure
• Prepare and provide contractually significant communications and notices
• Coordinate with other project team members to identify customer related actions or inactions, which result in constructive contract changes.
• Recommend and implement actions to document and request the additional compensation or time due client
• Provide support to business and execution units in the formation of prime contracts, including participating in the proposal, prime contract review, joint venture and/or subcontract partnering, and risk assessment process
• Review proposals to ensure compliance with contract requirements including Truth In Negotiations Act
• Facilitate smooth transition from sales to execution with the support of the project team throughout life of a risk project
• Coordinate with the Legal, Insurance, Risk, Project Controls, and Project Business Services on contractual terms and risk issues
• Review project correspondence to ensure clients’ rights are protected and that it is consistent with the terms of the prime contract
• Assist in developing the contract summary and updating throughout the project
• Participate in functional management team reviews
• Ensure compliance with management of vital records and relevant correspondence to support reporting, contract audit, claims and litigations, and contract close out
• Provide pre-claim and claim support and resources to project teams to prepare and negotiate claims as required
• Report performance to the functional management for use in maintaining contracts metrics
• Participate in risk reviews and functional management team reviews
• Follow the disputes process as defined by the prime to track and administer throughout the project, while working with Legal
• BA/BS or equivalent experience in related field
• 10+ years of experience in prime contract management
• United States Citizenship
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Primary Location: United States-South Carolina-Greenville-US SC Greenville - E Butler Rd
Job Posting: Jul 3, 2020, 12:40:56 AM
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US SC Greenville - E Butler Rd
1041 E Butler Road
Capabilities: Contracts and Subcontracts