Jacobs Technology provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks will support the International Space Station, Ground Systems Development and Operations, and the Space Launch System, Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle and Launch Services programs.
The Engineering IV position is responsible for providing senior engineering and technical integration support to a broad range of SE&I work assignments in an effort to ensure group products and services are provided to meet NASA customer expectations. Responsibilities include:
- Provide technical leadership within TOSC / JSOG for the SE&I function. Must have excellent communication skills and experience leading and motivating technical teams.
- Responsible for work planning and coordination of SE&I resources to meet work commitments
- Act as TOSC / JSOG SE&I interface to the NASA customer for assigned areas of responsibility. Must have ability to successfully interface with client representatives and manage completion of tasks on schedule and within budget to the customer's satisfaction.
- Knowledgeable of the System Engineering life cycle process to ensure technical resources are distributed throughout contractual obligations to meet customer needs. Implement SE&I and related engineering process enhancements to support all phases of the life cycle process.
- Monitor SE&I performance and effectiveness in meeting both NASA customer and TOSC / JSOG commitments. Provide visibility of SE&I status and accomplishments in a broad range of meeting forums.
- Provide support to JSOG processes that contribute to the on-going successful operation of the TOSC contract. These tasks include budget planning, award fee write-ups and other safety, quality and business functions defined by management.
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure on-going success of the SE&I group.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related engineering/science field from accredited college or university and fourteen (14) years of relevant experience required. Additional relevant education may be substituted for a portion of the experience.
- Requires demonstrated leadership skills as evidenced by prior senior engineering and/or supervisory experience.
- Excellent communication, presentation and customer interface skills required.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to blend assigned team members into an integrated design team for responsible projects.
- Will be required to climb stairs in order to access equipment for trouble shooting.
- Will be required to wear hearing protection, eye protection and other associated personal protective equipment.
- Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing.
- Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
- Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
- Will be required to work inside and outside throughout the test complex.
- Position may require daily individual to travel to different areas on site.
- Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
- Climbing ladders and platforms may be necessary.
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company
- safety standards.
Equipment and Machines
- Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules.
- Variety of equipment used in testing.
- Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday.
- Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work depending on task.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Shift work may be required.
Other Essential Functions
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
- Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must comply with all “drug free workplace” requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
- Government security clearance may be required in the future.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
: United States-Florida-Kennedy Space Center-20339-KSC
: Jul 2, 2020, 11:41:25 PM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Kennedy Space Center 32899
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities