We are launching people to the moon and Mars. If you want to be part of this amazing mission and enjoy working in a great team environment, we would love to have you as part of our team that is making history, today. It takes big ideas and determination to take NASA's vision and make it reality. That's what we do every day.
Jacobs provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks will support the International Space Station, Ground Systems Development and Operations, and the Space Launch System, Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle and Launch Services programs.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and leading personnel in Launch Control Systems (LCS) Operations.
- Provides direction and guidance to LCS Operations team that best support the priorities of Command and Control.
- Communicates TOSC policies and procedures; develops, coordinates, and implements policies and procedures for areas of responsibility.
- Develops, implements, and coordinates emergency contingency plans in work areas.
- Communicates and enforces quality, safety, and housekeeping standards.
- Manages resources effectively within budgetary and time constraints, and contributes to the overall success of the company by providing a motivated and productive staff.
- Leads LCS Operations to effectively support Firing Room Ops and partner with LCS Engineering.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with five or more years of experience in progressively challenging technical and management positions.
- Experience formulating and enforcing work standards
- Experience supervising work, resolving conflicts, supervising contractor personnel, and communicating policies, purposes, and goals of the organization to subordinates.
- Experience in leading teams composed of administrative and technical professionals who have been involved in analyzing, designing, developing, integrating, training, testing, documenting, implementing, and maintaining complex systems and/or processes.
Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing.
Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
- Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
Work will mainly be done inside, but fieldwork can be a combination of outside and inside depending on the project.
- Working at heights and in confined spaces may be required.
- Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
- Climbing ladders and platforms will be necessary.
Working at heights and in confined spaces may be required.
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company safety standards.
Equipment and Machines
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must comply with all “drug free workplace” requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
- Government security clearance may be required in the future.
- If offered a position, proof of U.S. Citizenship or Legal Permanent Resident/Green Card holder of the United States is required.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Florida-Kennedy Space Center-20339-KSC
: Jul 2, 2020, 7:09:17 PM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Kennedy Space Center 32899
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities