Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
We are searching for an experienced ITS Software Developer to join our team. You will be working in a fast-paced technology organization supporting compliance and regulatory initiatives. In this position, you will design, develop, test & implement applications/software by closely working with program managers, project managers, operations staff and other stakeholders. Accountable for delivering high quality applications & solutions on a large-scale network within the budget and project timelines to meet program objectives.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Proficient in applications design and development and is ready to show & tell previous work.
- Understanding of various design principles/patterns related to software development.
- Vast experience in developing secure web-based applications, utilizing industry best practices including developing robust & responsive UI.
- Work with technology and operations counterparts to review and mitigate projects and other risks to deliver solutions as per agreed schedule
- Monitor & manage project progress and development of applications as per the architecture and design, keeping the management abreast of the progress.
- Adhere and follow coding & development standards set by management.
- Deliver highly stable, scalable technology solutions while driving effectiveness and efficiency reviews
- Coordinate with external vendors/manufacturers to understand & utilize their SDK, API and thereby delivering software and/or services.
- Translate strategic initiatives into delivery-focused initiatives
- Interface with various technology teams to determine best in class technology solution options
- Create and maintain project timelines for technical design, data modeling, system integration, testing and application delivery
- Support the development of customized applications that promote the goals of the Traffic Operations Section.
- Assist in the development of enhanced reporting and automation of quality assurance processes and applications
- 5+ years’ recent experience in application development and support using SQL and latest programming technologies.
- Must have worked in various relational databases including MS-SQL, MySQL, Oracle.
- Must have thorough working knowledge of RESTful API, SOA, web-services/API
- Must have thorough knowledge of end-to-end SDLC process
- Must embrace both waterfall and agile methodology.
- Experience working & developing applications within the Unix/Linux operating system is a plus.
- Experience working in No-SQL and big-data environment is a plus.
- Experience in developing SDK is a plus.
- Experience with Reporting & Business Intelligence tools like SSRS/Power-BI/Tableau and Data warehousing tools are desirable.
- Extensive delivery, implementation, and change management experience
- Good team player interested in sharing knowledge and cross-training other team members and shows interest in learning new technologies and products
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Florida-Pompano Beach-US FL Pompano Beach
: Jul 2, 2020, 5:59:25 PM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US FL Pompano Beach
MILEPOST 65, FLORIDA'S TURNPIKE, POMPANO BEACH SERVICE PLAZA
Pompano Beach 33069
Capabilities: Highway and Roads