DescriptionJacobs is seeking a Tools Developer with an active TS/SCI polygraph for a contingent position in the Reston, VA area.
As a Tools Developer, the individual will Identify applications that can support the exploitation of databases. Assess what will be required to integrate a particular tool into the customer environment. Integrate tools into the customer environment. Uses the BPM application to create live implementations of processes. Provides group facilitation, interviewing, training, and provides additional forms of knowledge transfer. Key coordinator between multiple project teams to ensure enterprise-wide integration of re-engineering efforts. Tests, debugs, and refines the computer software to produce the required product. Prepares required documentation, including both program-level and user-level documentation. Enhances software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency. Provides technical direction to programmers as required to ensure program deadlines are met.
• Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
• Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan computer specifications and layouts, and peripheral equipment modifications.
• Review existing programs and assist in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improve current techniques.
• Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
• Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
• Obtain and evaluate information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to determine hardware configuration
• Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
• Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation.
• Consult with customers or other departments on project status, proposals and technical issues such as software system design and maintenance
• Monitor functioning of equipment to ensure system operates in conformance with specifications
• Prepare reports and correspondence concerning project specifications, activities and status.
• Train users to use new or modified equipment
• Utilize micro controllers to develop control signals, implement control algorithms and measure process variables such as temperatures, pressures and positions.
• Specify power supply requirements and configuration.
• Designs, Develops, and Maintains applications within the cloud environment and transition of legacy applications to the cloud environment.
Qualifications• Current and active TS/SCI with POLY required
• Must be able to demonstrate expert working in an operational environment where priorities change frequently
• Requires eleven (11) years of experience specific to skill
• Education and relevant certifications may be substituted for years of experience. For example, candidates with an Associate’s degree equals 18 months of experience; Bachelor’s degree equals 3 years of experience; Master’s degree equals 5 years of experience; Doctorate equals 7 years of experience
• Relevant certifications will be considered equivalent to three (months) of specialized experience
• Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Electrical engineering, Computer Engineering, or other closely related IT or Cyber discipline
• Experience or familiarity of Infrastructure as Code (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, CloudFormation, JSON, etc.)
• Build system creation along with skills in build and test automation
• Experience in AWS Data management services (Elastic, Map Reduce, Lambda, and Kinesis)
• Experience with SAFe development practice
Essential Functions:Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Reston-20340-FNS
Job Posting: Jul 2, 2020, 5:31:20 PM
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities