Job # 544471
What you’ll be doing...
As the ADC drone systems integration engineer, you will be part of a team exploring future product solutions using some of the most advanced technologies in the market today such as virtual reality sensors, LIDAR, 5G cellular systems, onboard computer vision sensors, and high performance edge compute systems. Working with ADC pilots, you will help test and evaluate these solutions as part of a large, cutting-edge assembly of solutions that include custom vehicles, specialized custom built operations trailers, radar systems, and private test facilities.
- Avionics selection and integration design. Work with product and strategy teams, identify sensors, autopilots, and communications modules to create integration architectures and designs.
- Avionics configuration, bench testing, and airborne testing. Put these designs into practice by working with test pilots to logically integrate these systems and manage them throughout the proof-of-concept lifecycle.
- Avionics technical integrations. Create custom modules, interfaces, scripts, and helper code to integrate various components, debug issues related to integrations, and derive solutions.
- Ground control system modifications. Make modifications to ground control systems for things such as custom indicators, map layers integration, or similar enhancements. Create modules for systems that support 3rd party module creation.
- Testing, documentation, and tech transfer. Contribute to test plans and test result collection, maintain system documentation, and work with product teams or partners on tech transition of proof-of-concept systems.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Linux SBC including use of the command line, command line scripting (bash, csh, awk, or similar), package management, OS configuration, compilation of projects from source code, debugging, and log analysis.
- Cross platform application development and Windows native development experience.
- Understanding of data structures, header files, serialization schemas.
- Understanding of electrical circuits and communications wiring.
- Experience with software testing/QA code, automated testing.
- Willingness to travel.
- Valid driver’s license.
Even better if you have:
- Ability to learn: symbolic logic modeling systems such as BPMN, Drools, OWL, and RuleML; domain specific languages using systems like Eclipse Xtext; and graphical modeling systems such as Eclipse Sirius.
- Ability to source, modify, create, solder, install, and maintain electrical and communications cabling on drones.
- Ability to integrate a variety of sensors into computing systems and onto drones.
- Ability to write transformation code to convert data structures and data between formats using messaging libraries and persistence libraries where needed.
- Ability to structure solutions into reusable libraries (e.g. dll or c libs)
- Ability to extend and modify existing applications from source code in C++/Qt in Windows to include extending software through use of 3rd party libraries using C++.
- Ability to create proof-of-concept level applications in Windows using the Universal Windows Platform.
- Drone ecosystems. Experience developing drone technologies such as QGroundControl, Ardupilot/PX4, and MAVLINK and experience with the DJI onboard, sensor, and Windows SDKs.
- Experience with sensor video, IP encoding libraries, and management of generated protocol streams.
- CV, PTAM/SLAM, and computational geometry experience.
- Cellular and wide area networking. Background with embedded or SBC use of cellular wwan, sqmi, or similar. Understanding of secure tunneling and VPN technologies such as IPsec.
- Real time operating systems. Experience with other operating system implementations such as Nuttx or ROS.
- Understanding of mobile development in Android.
- Statistical AI and machine learning.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.