Summary/General Description Of Job:
The HVAC/R Mechanic installs, services and repairs heating and air conditioning systems in various establishments.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Installs, services and repairs environmental‑control systems in residences, laboratory spaces, living quarters, galleys, office buildings and commercial establishments, utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, pipefitting and structural layout.
- Mounts compressor and condenser units on platform or floor, using hand tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications.
- Fabricates, assembles and installs ductwork and chassis parts, using portable metalworking tools and welding equipment.
- Installs evaporator unit in chassis or in airduct system, using hand tools.
- Cuts and bends tubing to correct length and shape, using cutting and bending equipment and tools.
- Cuts and threads pipes, using machine‑threading or hand‑threading equipment.
- Joins tubing or pipes to various refrigerating units by means of sleeves, couplings or unions, and solders joints, using torch, forming complete circuit for refrigerant.
- Installs expansion and discharge valves in circuit.
- Connects motors, compressors, temperature control panels and connects control panels to power source.
- Installs air and water filters in completed installation.
- Injects small amount of refrigerant into compressor to test systems and adds refrigerant gas to build up prescribed operating pressure.
- Observes pressure and vacuum gauges and adjusts controls to insure proper operation.
- Starts units and adjusts for proper cut-in and cut-out of refrigeration, air conditioning, humidifiers, heaters, air cleaners, and circulating pumps.
- Adjusts systems for optimum performance.
- Operates, maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs refrigeration, air conditioning, gas and hydronic heating, DDS systems through periodic maintenance checking, and from trouble desk reports.
- Tests joints and connections for gas leaks, using gauges or electronic detection.
- Wraps pipes in insulation batting and secures them in place with cement or wire bands.
- Replaces defective breaker controls, thermostats, switches, fuses and electrical wiring to repair installed units, using electrician's hand tools and test equipment.
- May install, repair and service air conditioners, ranging from one quarter to three hundred- and eighty-five-tons cooling capacity, in large and small buildings.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
May perform work in other classifications when incidental work is necessary to the accomplishment of the work assignment. Significant work in another job classification may be required if accompanied by any wage adjustments applicable.
- The proper use of tools and equipment commonly used in the HVAC field.
- Completing all mandated training requirements per government and management directives.
- Timely and cost-effective performance of duties.
- Timely completion and accuracy of all departmental work.
- Dealing with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Adherence to established company safety policies and good industrial and office safety practices.
- Compliance with company Standard Operating Procedures and Personnel policies and procedures.
- Having the ability to work well under pressure.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Professional Associations):
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
- Four years’ experience in HVAC/R mechanical and machine equipment repair.
- Must show evidence of successful completion at two vocational education training courses in the areas of refrigeration, air conditioning and controls (i.e. Voc. Tech., community college, military or reputable correspondence).
- Knowledge of the use of specialized tools to perform HVAC/R repair functions.
- Knowledge to troubleshoot equipment. Must have and maintain hand tools of the trade to perform the normal work of the classifications.
- Must possess Class 1 & 2 (and Universal if required) licensing for refrigerant certification.
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems (HVAC PRO) desirable.
- Must possess and maintain a valid State issued driver's license with acceptable driving record.
- Ability to successfully pass any background checks and/or drug testing required on the contract.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Must meet and maintain company physical and security requirements, including respirator qualification, and clearance eligibility when required.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Must possess good communication skills for a service team environment
: United States-Washington-Silverdale-20313-BANG
: Jul 2, 2020, 2:50:20 AM
Job Classification: Parttime-Temporary
T-075 Skate Street
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities