Job # 545253
What you’ll be doing...
Engineer IV Core Implementation will have a lead role in both project development and design of the edge networking infrastructures. The selected candidate will oversee all engineering aspects of new technology implementation and the overall design of the Service Access Point\Transport Access Point (SAP\TAP) core networks nationwide by providing guidance and managing the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with HQ design teams and external partner companies to review and support engineering plans for optimal integration into Verizon Wireless facilities.
- Create and document best practices and provide tier level support to the edge engineering team.
- Act as a liaison between various internal Engineering teams and the Edge organization in order to assist with the development of detailed network design plans.
- Work with vendors and suppliers to create detailed design templates and ensure equipment designs are meeting VZW standards.
- Create standard scopes of work for all equipment installations.
- Review designs for efficiencies to best utilize power & space; determine other resources required (EOS, CP&G etc.).
- Look for ways to decrease time to install; Revise current methods and processes as determined.
- Holistic view of all projects to ensure no conflicts with potential growth.
- Create standard equipment templates in network management tools; IFP & XNG, etc.
- Take the lead regarding new technologies; Research and develop alternative processes and physical infrastructure.
- Provide efficiencies review and vetting of new projects; design, time and costs at risk.
- Promote out of the box thinking at a national level; streamline processes across all regions.
- Drive collaboration at the engineering level.
- Ensure project stability and standardization.
- Facilitate open discussions and forums regarding new projects and company goals.
- Savings on costs, timing, engineering.
- Support first office integration projects.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to work night hours when necessary.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Networking, or Computer Science or equivocal experience.
- Data center design experience.
- Experience in wireless operations/engineering environment.
- IP networking experience with a complete understanding of IP internetworking and routing.
- Knowledge of equipment integration\engineering practices within a wireless telecommunications environment, monitoring, and growing complex data networks.
- Working experience with technical writing and documentation.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills and problem solving abilities.
- Project management skills.
- Superior teamwork and leadership skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision in an individual and team-based environment.
- Understanding of the path to virtualization and automation.
- Proficiency in network routing protocols.
- Experience with Switched Ethernet, CISCO IOS, and IP Addressing schemes Wireless Architecture.
- Experience with Network Services Core (e.g. Juniper JUNOS, MX & QFX, EX Hardware, ALU TIMOS & 7750 SR & SAM Hardware).
- Experience with Asynchronous / Synchronous connectivity, data and fiber optic cabling standards, AC and DC power and grounding, IP Routing, TCP/UDP communication, Computer and networking security, and SNMP, Radius, Authentication.
- Building router and network application configurations and well-versed in packet technologies.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.