About the Role
The Head of Rider & Driver is a new addition to the Canada Rides Leadership team, consolidating under a strong leader accountability for the growth and engagement of riders & drivers on our platform across Canada.
This individual will be a key partner to the new General Manager in transforming urban mobility in Canada - which will include broadening and deepening our platform in existing markets, scaling into new markets, and continuing to set the standard for safety and compliance in our industry.
This is the ideal role for someone who has built a breadth of skills and experience that they are looking to channel into real-world impact. You will be on the frontlines in one of the priority markets of a company that is changing the world.
What You'll Do
- Evolve our platform to offer additional modes of transportation to get people from A to B
- Continue to strengthen our product portfolio and drive customer engagement, working closely with Product and Marketing teams
- Improve our value proposition at airports and other key venues
- Develop and execute strategy to onboard new drivers
- Oversee efforts to deepen relationships with our driver-partners
- As a member of the country operations team, work closely with central teams to ensure that all efforts are lined up to drive impact on customers in Canada
What You'll Need
- At least eight years of professional experience with demonstrated success delivering both customer growth and operational improvement, ideally in fast-paced and matrixed organizations.
- Data-first problem solver with sound business judgment and demonstrated experience acquiring and engaging users in a commercially sensible way
- History of cross-functional collaboration and leading projects that deliver results via people that you do not directly manage
- A track record of developing talent and motivating teams, ideally having been part of a Senior Leadership Team
- Ability to adapt with humility and resilience
- A passion for the mission of Uber
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.