Dallas, Texas |
San Francisco, California
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Revenue Accountant to report to the Revenue Operations Manager, and be part of a team that is critical to the company's month end close process and SOX Compliance. In this exciting role, you will improve efficiency of close processes through automation and outsourcing as well as work cross-functionally with Finance Engineering to develop and improve Uber's internal revenue systems. We are looking for this individual to lead the management of key revenue controls and be involved in supporting major projects that impact the entire accounting organization on a global scale.
If a fast-moving, constantly evolving environment excites you, this could be a phenomenal opportunity for you!
What You'll Do
- Actively involved in the monthly close process including preparation of reports, flux analysis, and balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare & review journal entries
- Participate in critical accounting projects, including the implementation of new system logic or improvements, new revenue standards, and support new product launches
- Heavily involved in drafting accounting requirements for Finance Engineering teams, user acceptance testing, and strengthening of organizational change controls
- Improve existing processes and controls, perform and maintain assigned internal controls, and be involved in critical ad-hoc analysis and projects
- Collaborate with key cross-functional partners including finance, engineering, internal audit on a variety of projects
- Knowledge of revenue recognition in US GAAP under 606
- Bachelor's degree & 3.5+ years professional Accounting or Finance experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, with the ability to manipulate and digest mass amounts of data required
- Experience with Oracle or other large financial systems
- Excellent time and self-management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
- Knowledge/basic ability to read and write SQL
- Experience with order-to-cash cycle
- Public accounting background
- Experience with drafting business requirements and collaborating with Finance Engineering teams on internal accounting systems
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.