About the Role
Reporting Associate will work closely with Tax, Legal, Treasury, Finance Operations and external consultants to ensure local reporting compliance and accuracy for allocated entities within the region. The role will report to the Reporting & Compliance Manager for Central America, Caribbean and Southern Cone. This role will be based in Mexico City, Mexico.
What You'll Do
- Understand operating model and the different processes in relation to local regulations and requirements
- We Collaborate with our compliance partner to ensure changes to local requirements are communicated and understood and to ensure complete information is provided on time
- Review tax filings prepared by compliance partner and ensure payment is subsequently made to tax authority
- Understand requirements from US GAAP to STAT conversion for assigned entities to prepares the monthly adjustments entries, ensuring that they are processed in the STAT books timely
- Reconcile Tax GL accounts in US GAAP and STAT books on a monthly basis
- Assist in the preparation of financial documents and management reporting Participate in monthly compliance calls with the regional team
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant tax experience, but we will consider other candidates if they meet the rest of the requirements
- Master the elemental accounting concepts and tax principles
- To be a standout colleague, have the ability to work independently and willingness to seek challenges
- Strong interpersonal skills in Spanish and English
- Experience with Oracle R12 or another large scale ERP
- CPA / CA / equivalent qualification
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.