This position will be initially established at Ridgecrest, California in support of Naval Air Weapons Station, China Lake and in direct support of earthquake recovery work through approximately 2023. The work location can thereafter be flexibly located in the general southern CA area and is expected to thereafter support similar project assignments as various locations, predominantly in the U.S. West, but potentially throughout the United States.
The position requires the selected candidate to support the Program Manager and the Jacobs/Client multi-disciplinary design team to facilitate Post Award Design Support (PADS) and Post Construction Award Support (PCAS) for the 31 projects currently in various stages of execution
Primary Job Responsibilities: Provide technical and administrative support for project management and general administration. Duties include direct support for project managers, project directors and assistant project managers as follows:
Project Management Support:
• Maintain project specific project procedures manuals, project filing systems and document control system.
• Assemble project deliverables and prepare transmittals of data.
• Prepare spreadsheet reports from raw data provided by managers.
• Type drafts and finals of correspondence, reports, specifications and transmittals from typed and handwritten copy.
• Prepare monthly letters/transmittals for client invoices.
• Log and process shop drawing submittals for projects and maintain the shop drawing log, if required.
• Input of data, review and documentation of financial status of projects.
• Point of contact and coordination between project manager and other team members.
• Coordinate base access and security requirements
• Document meeting discussions and prepare meeting minutes
• Periodic travel to project meetings to military bases and other client project site required
• Type into final form correspondence, reports and transmittals from typed or handwritten copy.
• Maintain administrative files
• Proof reading, typographical editing, and copying documents and materials. • Assist other administrative assistants as needed.
• 5+ years related administrative experience required.
• High school graduate, or equivalent; (specialized training or education may be substituted for part of the experience).
• Experience in an architectural/engineering firm environment or similar field preferred.
• Must have good organizational and time management skills for working multiple task assignments received from multiple sources; good human relations skills, and professional appearance.
• Must be able to work occasional overtime.
• Windows environment experience; database management; proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
• Experience with Project Controls, Construction Administration, Microsoft Projects, Specs-InTact, and Master Specs a plus.
• Must be willing to learn project management software as required.
• U.S. Citizenship is preferred
• Ability to coordinate with multi-offices, be organized and communicate well
• Work in a fast-paced environment and work under tight deadlines, while maintaining high quality standards
• Work closely with Project Managers to organize production of client submittals and coordinate project schedules
• Create Basis of Design templates for each project as necessary, distribute to the project team. Assist the Engineers and Architects as needed during this process.
• Take the lead for all project deadlines and ensure they are met
• Help coordinate and prepare for internal Quality Control (QC) process during project submittal phase
• Gather all project submittal documents and information, proof read, format and assemble for reproduction
• Oversee reproduction of project submittals and perform final QC before being shipped/delivered to the client
• Attend project meetings and generate meeting minutes for distribution
• Arrange and create meetings through Outlook Calendar
• Arrange and coordinate project travel
• Create and maintain project files both electronically and hardcopy
• Perform general administrative support for fellow employees or anyone that may need assistance (prepare shipping transmittals, FedEx, photocopying, creation of binders, scanning drawings, miscellaneous printing etc.)
• Support Construction Administration (CA) Department – ship/receive documents, maintain the logs for CA submittals and RFIs as well as create and maintain files
• Archive closed design and CA projects to Iron Mountain
• Prepare expense reports for various staff
• Arrange and coordinate project travel
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Primary Location: United States-California-China Lake/Ridgecrest
Job Posting: Jul 3, 2020, 7:05:38 PM
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Capabilities: Corporate Functions and Services