Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
The Office Engineer will be responsible for the following:
• Assists the Resident Engineer and/or Project Manager in all aspects of required office construction engineering work including setting up and maintaining project files, writing contract change orders, processing required documents and progress payments, as necessary.
• Office Engineers shall be knowledgeable in computer applications, and computer software programs such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
• Develops and maintains an organized and complete set of records and procedures for the project
• Review, negotiate and make recommendation for change orders.
• Review submittals, deliverables and other construction documents for completeness and accuracy
• Monitors and schedules all necessary construction staking/surveys, field and material inspections and preliminary, acceptance, and specialty testing as required throughout the contract
• Provide and maintain logs for RFls, change orders, submittals, Request For Quotations, Correction Notices, Stop Work Notices, and related construction documents
• Track, process and distribute submittals, RFIs, design submittals, shop drawings, product data, and work plans
• Prepare weekly reports on progress of submittal, RFI, and design submittal reviews to the Resident Engineer
• Maintains the as-built drawings for change order updates and assists project lead in ensuring field staff updates as-built drawings as required • Assists the project lead in preparing final project closeout documents, including the resolution of potential claims
• Assist project management in expediting material deliveries, estimating and processing change orders, preparing monthly billings and preparing shop drawings.
• High School Diploma or GED is required
• A B. S. or B. A. degree in an appropriate construction-related technical or engineering field is preferred
• 5+ years of experience in the construction, rail and transit Industry.
• Strong applied experience with computer applications, and computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel.
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative. Ability to communicate with project team staff or others
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Must have a valid Driver’s License
Essential Functions: Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Primary Location: United States-California-OAKLAND-US CA Oakland - Grand Ave
Job Posting: Jul 3, 2020, 2:06:57 AM
Job: Project Management
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US CA Oakland - Grand Ave
155 Grand Avenue, Suite 800
Capabilities: Transit and Rail