Jacobs is one of the largest publicly traded (NYSE: JEC) and diverse providers of professional technical services in the world. Founded in 1947 with over 70,000 employees worldwide.
The company’s service portfolio consists of a comprehensive range of business solutions related to engineering, architecture, construction, operations and maintenance and scientific and specialty consulting.
Jacobs is currently looking for a Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) Systems Specialist to join our growing team in Conshohocken, PA. This role offers significant opportunity to be part of cutting edge BIM and Plant technologies and work on world-class engineering projects in the Life Sciences industries that transform the future of the health industry and our communities. You should be a self-motivated professional with experience in this role and have a desire to grow personally as well as professionally.
The role will be a part of an enterprise team of Project Technology Services (PTS) professionals who share ongoing work, expertise, and innovation through local teams and global Networks of Excellence (NoE).
This role will work under the supervision of local or regional PTS Manager which is closely aligned to Operations leadership. You will also be engaged with a highly skilled team of Information Technology and Design professional teams.
Other responsibilities include:
- Demonstrates leadership in safety and Jacobs’s BeyondZero principles.
- Provides administration, technical support, and strategic input for 3D and BIM modeling tools used across the Line of Business and Enterprise.
- Coordinates the integrated project digital data delivery configuration for all projects, in conjunction with design disciplines, clients and third-parties.
- Documents the digital data plan as part of the Project Execution or Integrated Project Delivery Plan.
- Provides or plans ongoing user support and training for multiple 3D and BIM applications.
- Works closely with design team projects to provide Information Technology interfaces needed across the project scope.
- Provides 3D and BIM model production support to projects teams including model setup, clash report, model review setup and model interoperability planning.
- Identify process automation possibilities and evaluate and plan implementation on projects.
- Perform Quality Audits to ensure adherence to Integrated Project Delivery and Project Execution Plans
- Minimum 10 Years’ experience with high-end engineering technology related to AEC projects
- Minimum of a degree or diploma in engineering or computer science.
- A certification in a relevant Engineering Tool or accreditation in industry standards an advantage
- Significant experience working on projects within one or more AEC disciplines.
- Extensive experience in, and passionate about, the use and configuration of engineering applications (eg. 2D/3D CAD, Building Information Management (BIM), CAE, Collaboration & Data and information Management).
- Proficient with Revit, Navisworks, AutoCAD, Bentley 3D/BIM and other BIM applications used for facility design and construction is preferred.
- Strong team work and good leadership and motivational capabilities.
- Excellent understanding of engineering work processes.
- Self-motivated and results focused, with the ability to work with minimal, remote supervision.
- Good written and oral communication, particularly English to facilitate working with a team located all over the globe
- A fast learner with a strong attention to detail
- A problem solving, conceptual thinker and able to work with complex systems
- Ability to communicate, train, effect change and implement improvements.
- Experience with Hexagon’s SmartPlant 3D a plus but not essential.
: United States-Pennsylvania-Conshohocken
: Jul 2, 2020, 11:19:21 PM
: Information Technology
: Corporate Functions
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Capabilities: Corporate Functions and Services