About the Role
Uber is changing the way the world moves. Our UX Research team is leading these changes by uncovering what matters most to our users and informing how we can design and build products and services that add value to people's lives. The UX Research Operations team collaborates with researchers to support their study goals and organize the planning and execution of UX research projects.
The ideal candidate is a well organized self-starter with a keen eye for detail, strong project management skills, and an ability to quickly understand a project's needs and develop a plan to get things done.
This individual will be responsible for impact tracking, strategic planning, execution, and further definition of our key initiatives within the Research Operations space.
What You'll Do
- Be an owner within the Research Operations space, continuously proposing new ideas for improving efficiency and experimenting with new tools, processes, and techniques to streamline the work produced by you and your team, keeping it aligned with the broader visions of the UX Research team and the company at large.
- Manage the pipeline of inbound research requests from various teams across the organization. Assess incoming requests and prioritize new and ongoing projects.
- Source, screen and schedule participants for research studies in order to test new features and products, ensuring exceptional sampling and participant quality
- Create thoughtful, targeted, effective written communication for high volume and high visibility survey sends. Ensure that all sourcing and messaging is done in compliance with Uber policies
- Promote compliance with Uber policies and adoption of best practices in all research activities
- Develop and maintain key relationships with business area stakeholders (Design, UX Research, Content, Engineering, Product Management, Marketing Legal, etc.)
- Collaborate with researchers to understand their study objectives, clarify their participant requirements, decide sourcing methods, develop assessments to screen candidates, plan the logistics of recruitment support, and perform key tasks to execute that plan
- Develop and maintain team resources and comms including team website, training materials, playbooks, and regular messaging out to the team about process updates
- Source and evaluate Design and Research vendors when needed. Interface with legal, security and procurement teams to onboard and pay vendors, including facilitating statements of work
- Collaborate with Design Program Managers to identify team needs and deliver on key engagement initiatives including building team culture, connection, and communication
What You'll Need
- 2 + Year of Experience as a Research Operations Specialist
- Work experience in a research setting supporting in-person data collection or customer facing work in the tech industry
- Familiarity with the UX product development process and UX research methods, including participant recruitment tactics and strategies. Enjoys working closely with researchers and designers
- Well versed in survey software, such as Qualtrics, Survey Monkey or Typeform; experience with relevant project management tools, such as JIRA, Basecamp, Smartsheet, Asana, etc
- Work experience coordinating multiple fast-moving projects of varying levels of complexity concurrently; working across diverse timezones and cultures.
- Process and efficiency guru - passion for planning, tracking, organizing logistics, and documentation
- Creative, analytical, and methodical in approach to problem-solving - able to identify problems other missed, make reasoned decisions with imperfect or ambiguous information, and be proactive in identifying the best path forward
- Ability to be self-directed and take initiative in tackling problems big and small, able to juggle multiple simultaneous requests at exceptional speeds, while paying close attention to the details, and without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Excellent communication skills--you can quickly establish an easy rapport with a wide variety of people through both speaking and writing.
- Strong stakeholder management and collaborative abilities - Communicates early and often; able to take shifting priorities and timelines in stride and manage change effectively
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.