DescriptionWe’re excited about the innovative ways we can change the world for good. Our solutions are creative and influence how we live. Everyday, we apply our knowledge across industries and around the world to the task at hand – big and small, global and local.
Jacobs has a great opportunity for a traffic engineer in our Phoenix, Arizona office with interest and skills in traffic operations, transportation planning, and traffic design including traffic signal design, signing design and pavement marking design, Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) and traffic operations and safety analysis.
You should have at least 3 years of experience in the areas of traffic engineering design, traffic signal design, interchange evaluation, roundabout design, signing/pavement marking plan preparation, MOT design, transportation analysis and traffic modeling.
You will assist our team of talented Engineers by performing traffic engineering assignments such as traffic operational analysis, traffic microsimulation models, roadway design, drafting signal, signing and marking, and/or construction traffic control plans. Our office provides support for other Jacobs offices and regions, so there is potential opportunity for short-term travel and work on major, exciting projects across the USA and internationally.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow, and succeed.
QualificationsHere’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering.
• EIT certification required, or has the ability to take the Fundamentals of Engineering exam within six months of hire. Professional Engineering (PE) registration desirable.
• Experience in conducting traffic engineering projects such as signal timing, signing, striping, and signal design, construction traffic control, traffic impact studies, safety studies, corridor plans, operations analysis, multi-modal studies etc. is required
• Demonstrated experience with Traffic analysis software (Synchro/SimTraffic, DynusT, VISSIM, CORSIM, HCS) is required. Ability to enhance current software skills is required.
• Experience with design software (i.e., AutoCAD, MicroStation, InRoads etc.) and its application in roadway, highway, intersection and interchange design is required.
Ideally You’ll Also Have:
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Traffic / transportation specialization preferred.
Graduate degree (MS) with traffic/transportation specialization is a plus.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-Phoenix-US AZ Phoenix - Phoenix - North First Avenue
Job Posting: Jul 2, 2020, 12:47:26 AM
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US AZ Phoenix - Phoenix - North First Avenue
101 NORTH FIRST AVENUE SUITE 2600