Jacobs is seeking a qualified Information Technology (IT) professional to support the USSOCOM SITEC II Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (EOM) contract. Your career at Jacobs enables USSOCOM to fulfill its mission to “Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks.” As a member of our team, you will support the vice president of the Enterprise Operations Group (EOG) as we partner with SOF military and civilian members to provide world-class IT services and support that connects over 60,000 users around the world in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services, security, end-user computing, and test and evaluation.
Senior Technical Writers will document IT standardization procedures to ensure maximum compatibility, interoperability, repeatability and service quality. Will serve as lead doctrinal developer and analyst, expert historical researcher, and author of Component/TSOC operational doctrine. Additionally, this position serves as a project leader and/or lead analyst for developing operational concepts and future Component/TSOC force structure alternatives, which describe long-term Component/TSOC war fighting capabilities for unilateral, joint and combined operations. Senior Technical Writers will focus work efforts on strategic operations, operational planning requirements, intelligence operations and command and control.
Typical duties include:
- Develop doctrine related to joint, multinational and Component/TSOC operations within the Combined Arms Doctrine Directorate doctrinal proponent responsibilities
- Conduct special research and produces studies to assist development of doctrine and doctrinal concepts for future joint and Component/TSOC operations
- Reviews, analyzes, and provides comments and recommendations on documents relating to proposed employment doctrine, organizational changes, equipment developments, and new concepts forwarded for review by CAC directorates
- Participates on teams formed to conduct studies or to propose doctrinal concepts
- Analyzes changes in joint and other services doctrine and techniques to determine impact on Army operational doctrine
- As required, participates in conferences and doctrinal exchanges
Clearance Requirements: TS/SCI
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in English, journalism or information sciences is required. Significant relevant experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
Certification Requirements: None
At least five years of experience as a Technical Writer on another contract of similar scope and size.
- Work will be performed inside a large facility. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting).
- Work assignments vary based on client requirements.
- Work may include travel with the military to participate in exercises in austere conditions
- Outside work may include various environmental conditions including hot, dusty, cold, icy and windy climates.
- Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
Equipment and Machines
- General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
- May require operating motor vehicles.
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is mandatory.
- It is important to be able to work any shift/designated hours required.
- You may be asked to continue performance in support of a war, contingency, or exercise
- You may be asked to continue performance during inclement weather or other conditions when others are not permitted to work
- Position may require night and weekend work and could include travel with the military to participate in operations/exercises located in areas with field conditions
- Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
Other Essential Functions
#SITEC #I2S Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
- Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
- Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels.
- Candidate must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client’s standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
- The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.
: United States-North Carolina-Fort Bragg-20315-EFBR
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Jul 2, 2020, 12:00:27 AM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Reilly St & Macomb St
Fort Bragg 28307
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities