DescriptionAt Jacobs, we challenge what is currently accepted, so we can shape innovative and lasting solutions for tomorrow. Through the delivery of our operations and maintenance services, you’ll make it simpler and more seamless for our municipal clients to operate safely and efficiently, empowering communities to focus on what matters most to them – people.
As a vital member of our Johns Creek, GA team you’ll join a collaborative team of traffic engineers and technicians in the delivery of traffic engineering services (TES) and the implementation of the Traffic Management Center and associated Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) devices. Working with other members of our team you’ll serve as the City liaison on area transportation committees and attend community meetings to represent the City in the discussion of traffic projects, issues and concerns. You’ll draw from your engineering expertise to: formulate and update division policies, procedures and standards for department operations; independently apply advanced engineering techniques and analyses for problems and methods and maintain an awareness of new issues, methods, equipment, trends and advances in the profession, including ITS devices, fiber optic communications and Traffic Management Center development and operations. You’ll also develop, recommend and monitor the division’s budget, by reviewing past expenditures, determining future needs and assessing resources required to accomplish divisional goals, review purchase requisitions and authorize approval based upon the City’s goals and budgetary guidelines; and receive and respond to traffic and transportation concerns and issues, determine and recommend appropriate resolutions to maintain positive community/customer relations.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
QualificationsHere's What You'll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in civil or transportation engineering
• 5 plus years of experience in signal engineering programming
• Experience in the public sector
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Must possess and maintain a current driver’s license with no major infractions
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• 10 years of experience in municipal traffic engineering
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal relationship skills with the ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with other employees, government officials, contractors, suppliers and the general public
• Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) experience
• Professional Traffic Operations Engineer certification
• Georgia Professional Engineer’s license or ability to obtain within one year of employment
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Johns Creek-US GA Johns Creek - Johns Creek OM Project
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting: Jul 1, 2020, 11:21:12 PM
Job: Operations & Maintenance
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US GA Johns Creek - Johns Creek OM Project
11360 Lakefield Drive
Johns Creek 30097
Capabilities: Transit and Rail