Location: San Francisco, CAJoin us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Getting a vast variety of massive data ready for analysis is never easy and Splunk is seeking someone excellent to join our Platform Team to partner with and develop applications and systems to collect, transform and enrich data in a fast, scalable and reliable way.
We are looking for an outstanding Senior Principal/Architect level UI/UX engineer with a consistent track record of delivering customer centric user experiences consistently in the high growth and high scale environment. As a member of Splunk's Platform Experience team, you will be playing a hands-on individual contributor and architect role in the data intelligence, consumption and visualization area. You establish design and architectural direction, lead and contribute to the design and carry out hands-on implementation of the most critical interfaces and sophisticated elements of the new systems and features with a highly scalable and modular architecture.
You'll work across teams and organizations to ensure that the architecture and design are of high quality, stability, scalability, reliability, and resiliency. You establish the technical architectural standards and drive the overall technical design and the best engineering practices through design reviews, architecture reviews, hackathon activities, customer visits and engagement with ecosystem partners.
What You'll Do
- Opportunity to shape and execute the technical roadmap to develop the next generation SaaS user experience features on our Splunk Cloud Data platform
- You'll integrate best in class architecture principles and goals into the team’s projects through designs, implementation strategies, and project sequencing
- Work with product managers early on to shape product definition so that it can be built in a flexible, extensible, and robust way.
- Collaborate with User Experience design team to increase product’s usability
- Drive a culture of quality, technical curiosity, continuous improvement, and data-driven decision-making
- Act in a technical leadership capacity: Identify new and emerging technologies for adoption; Mentor junior engineers, new team members, perform code reviews and applying technical expertise to exciting programming and design problems
- Define and drive adoption of design patterns, coding and quality standards and software development processes.
- You have 15+ years of software development, and 8+ years of technical leadership experience, including development experience with large-scale SaaS Web Application and full-stack systems
- You are comfortable with at least one backend programming language C++, Go, Python
- You have expertise with developing and working with thoughtfully designed REST APIs
- Have in-depth understanding of application performance and scalability
- Experience with CI/CD frameworks and integration process workflows (e.g. Gitlab, SVN, Maven, Hudson/Jenkins/Bamboo, Codeship)
- Have the ability to learn new technologies quickly and provide mentorship
Should have experience in these areas
- Experience with one of the major Cloud technologies, e.g. AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Good understanding of NoSQL approaches to data storage
- Prior experience with Splunk or a similar analytics solution
- Experience in the visualization of large, sophisticated graph structures
- Experience working on open-source projects
- Requires a minimum of 15 years of related experience with a technical Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent practical experience; or 12 years and a technical Master’s degree; or a PhD with 8 years’ experience; or equivalent practical experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.