Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk Enterprise Security is an advanced SIEM product built on top of Splunk Enterprise. We help thousands of clients as they protect their assets and identities from cyber threats, all over the world. On any given day, our software needs to handle thousands of users, petabytes of data, and unique usage patterns across different deployment topologies.
- Collaborate closely with Product Management and team members in design reviews and UX reviews and provide constructive feedback to the team.
- Stabilize and Maintain CICD (Continuous Integration Continuous Deployment) pipeline.
- Help reduce the number of test bugs by stabilizing the existing tests, migrating the Selenium Python tests to Web driver IO.
- Help add Integration tests for the bugs that are found internally and externally.
- Strive to constantly improve the test automation framework.
- Help drive product quality by improving automation, mentoring developers in different test techniques.
- Write comprehensive release/feature test plans.
- Design, build, and maintain test automation for Enterprise Security Application.
- Able to define and execute customer upgrade scenarios from previous versions of the app.
- Able to validate Enterprise Security Application on different Splunk Platform architectures.
- Understand customer pain points, update/add automation to catch the issues earlier in the cycle.
- Review customer bugs quarterly and guide the team for improving code quality.
- Keep improving the test efficiency by being open and innovating on new tools
- Collaborate with other QA SMEs to improve the test coverage
- Desire to engage with customers and participate in validating patches and maintenance releases.
- Solid knowledge of Windows and Linux OSs
- Experience in Selenium or other UI test tools
- Experience working on distributed systems and enterprise applications
- Experienced in building and improving test automation frameworks
- Strong knowledge of product quality standards
- System/critical thinking and big picture mindset
- Good Listener and Effective communicator
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent practical experience or 6 years and a technical Master’s degree; or a Ph.D. with 3 years experience; or equivalent practical experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.