Senior Product Manager, Splunk Cloud
Join us as we pursue our disruptive vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers and partners. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and to each other’s success. Become a part of our journey!
Splunk Cloud has amazing customers taking on complex challenges with machine data. We are looking for a teammate to guide the fast-and-furious pace of our service operational capabilities. Are you up for the challenge?
Responsibilities: What you'll do.
- You will own key capabilities of our back-end automation services. To do this effectively you understand business goals, articulate clear requirements and collaborate with service delivery teams on the development, launch and ongoing assessment.
- You will understand and represent the customer, support, operational and financial perspectives in the delivery of the Splunk Cloud service capabilities.
- Collaborate with program management on establishing just-enough process and analytics that drive the desired outcome.
Requirements: What you'll need to succeed.
You are organized, positive, and passionate about working in a constantly evolving environment.
- You have a deep understanding of operational aspects of delivering large scale service experiences. You can point to examples of services you worked on.
- You have demonstrated ability in an operational role
- Hands-on experience with a public IaaS service like AWS or GCP, with emphasis on containerized, microservice-based deployments using Kubernetes a plus.
- Firm understanding of identity, tokenization, and access control in a Cloud context
- Expertise with infrastructure as code mechanisms like Terraform or Ansible, including configuration management (Puppet, Chef) and other dominant tooling central to infrastructure delivery
- You have shown ability to lead without authority.
- You are comfortable with shifting priorities and ownership.
- Prior knowledge of Splunk a plus.
Bachelor’s degree; MBA or similar degree highly preferred
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records