Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of the journey!
As the SEC Reporting Manager, you will report to the Director, External Reporting/Technical Accounting and will be responsible for the financial reporting function of the company. This position involves the preparation and filing of all external reporting requirements required by GAAP and the SEC, including the 10K, 10-Q and 8-K, as well as researching technical accounting issues. In this role, you will also support quarterly reviews and the annual audit, build management reports, and research, interpret and implement accounting issues and new standards, as well as work on various finance projects related to financial analysis, mergers and acquisitions, and systems for the growing Finance organization.
Location: This position is based out of the San Jose, CA office.
- Responsible for financial statements and disclosures for external and internal reporting, including disclosures in the Form 10-Q/K and earnings releases.
- Review financial information included in the company’s external communications, such as those for investor/analyst conferences, earnings calls and releases.
- Own the completion of the quarterly and annual GAAP disclosure checklists.
- Support the external auditors' audit/reviews of SEC filings, as required.
- Read and interpret accounting guidance and write memos on technical accounting topics.
- Assess the financial statement and disclosure impact of complex transactions, such as those related to acquisitions, significant leases and internal-use software costs; draft technical memos to support conclusions reached.
- Assist with financial due diligence and integration related to acquisitions
- Monitor current developments in accounting literature to resolve appropriate accounting treatment for critical accounting issues and identify any changes in accounting policies, as needed.
- Assist with the documentation and maintenance of corporate accounting policies.
- Lead all aspects of the external filings, including XBRL tagging and review.
- Take initiative for process improvements to optimize the external reporting process.
- CPA with 5+ years of experience at a Big 4 accounting firm. Experience with public filers is a bonus.
- Deep knowledge of US GAAP, technical accounting and financial statement presentation.
- Precise, analytical, organized and self-motivated.
- Excellent oral and written communicator.
- Experience with SAP and Workiva is a plus.
- CPA with a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business/economics.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.