Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Role: Americas Senior Director of Program Management and Delivery
Splunk Professional Services (PS) is a growing and dynamic organization which plays a key role in the success of our customers, our employees and our company. Our Professional Services Americas team is seeking the experience around Program Management leadership and methodologies to support and manage a centralized PMO for the Americas theater. In this role, you will be responsible for building out the PMO process within the Americas PS group and will lead our global methodology rollout for PS overall. You will be responsible for the timely delivery oversight, programs and projects and will lead a group of Technical Project Managers. You will also be responsible for driving the effectiveness and efficiency of the Project Management Office for all theaters globally in our PS group.
- Lead a team of PS Project Managers who are responsible for the technical deployment projects from kickoff to close out.
- Emphasize and analyze the use of data and customer feedback to optimize programs.
- Lead the lifecycle and timely delivery of all projects and programs driving the highest customer experience.
- Deliver field engagement capabilities, learn from project launches and increase speed and quality of delivery
- Gain expertise in field operations processes and associated technology as it relates to field engagement
- Own the refinement and/or development of governance structure, playbooks, tools and templates; and drive global adoption
- Develop standard methodologies around technical project plans outlining tasks, milestone dates and allocation of resources aligned to statements of work (SOW’s).
- Plan and manage resources ensuring all projects meet customer obligations and budget expectations.
- Own and manage technical project escalations through to resolution, and ensure expectations are clearly set with customer and Splunk teams.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of project methodology aligned to PS offerings.
- Maintain and foster Splunk, partner and customer relationships.
- Identify and promote opportunities for Splunk products and services to meet additional customer requirements.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Splunk products, industry best practices, and project management skills through continuous learning.
- 15+ years project management or service delivery management experience, with PMP certification or equivalent preferred.
- 10+ years management experience
- PMP or CPP certification is highly desired
- Ability to drive a culture of continuous improvement (Six Sigma Black Belt certification or training preferred)
- Proven experience leading delivery of complex customer projects with cross-functional teams using traditional and agile project delivery methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve program success through influence and partnership.
- Experience working for a software vendor preferred.
- Working knowledge of Splunk or related big data technologies with the aptitude and the drive to learn new technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- BA/BS preferred in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Willing and able to travel up to 50% regionally and potentially globally at times, as required.
- Passion. Our customers are just as passionate about Splunk as we are about the solutions we bring to them.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-growing environment while working independently and remotely from other members of your team.
- Demonstrate the confidence and interpersonal skills needed to conduct effective executive presentations.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, Los Angeles CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.