Jacobs is the world’s top supplier of automotive test facilities, providing a full range of services to commercial automotive industry customers. Customers include not only the world’s major vehicle providers and other original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), but also clients from the international motor sports community.
The Emissions Lab Test Technician is an integral part of the vehicle development process. You will use cutting edge technology to help create the vehicles of tomorrow
BRIEF OUTLINE OF SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Involved in the performance of testing of full vehicles on chassis rolls, and evaporative emission testing. Includes vehicle installation on chassis roll, instrumentation installation and checkout, test systems instrumentation calibration, site computer operation, emission test site operation and driving of manual and automatic transmission to precisely follow a video road speed trace of various emission test cycles as well as data validation and analysis.
In this position, you are a full-time employee of Jacobs. This is NOT a contract position. You will be eligible for our generous benefit package, including health insurance, dental, vision, generous PTO, paid holidays, 401K, stock purchase plan, and tuition reimbursement.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND /OR SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma/High School Equivalent required.
- Associates degree in Automotive Technology or two (2) years college courses in automotive engineering or related disciplines and/or two (2) years relevant experience desired.
- Prior emission vehicle chassis roll experience preferred.
- Must possess the ability to drive a manual transmission.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license.
- Must possess strong computer skills in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
Unusual or Special Physical Requirements of Position
- Lifting: Up to 50 lbs, 25%
- Climbing: NA
- Crawling: NA
- Special clothing/equipment (wearing): Safety glasses, hearing protection on sites, safety shoes.
- Unusual physical requirements: Manual handling of Powered Material Handling Vehicle (PMHV), 75%. Sitting (75%), Standing (50%), Bending (25%), stooping (25%). Job requires manual labor
- High noise level: Audiograms required (TWA over 85 dB)
- Other: NA
Description of Work Environment (specify and provide % of time required)
- Inside? Outside? Combination? Where?: Inside, 100%
- Extreme (hot/cold) temperatures involved: Cold temperatures (20F or warmer)
- Hazardous conditions - What are they?: Moving dynamometer rolls
- Travel/transportation requirements: NA
- Other: Must pass PMHV licensing. Must have valid drivers’ license.
Equipment and Machines Involved in Work Tasks
- Office equipment/machines electrically/battery operated - which?: Computers,, 25%
- Vehicles, forklifts, etc. operated which?: PMHV, must be able to drive a manual transmission, 25%
- Tools used in trade - which ones?: Air driven sockets, basic hand tools, 25%
- Other: NA
Criticality of Attendance (specify and provide % of time required)
- Overtime, regular days, off days: Monday through Friday, 100%
- Shift, 1st, 2nd, 3rd: Days 7:30a-4:00p Shift assignment is subject to change, so candidate must be flexible with available work hours. Overtime weekend work is possible and may become mandatory depending on testing needs.
- Necessity for regular attendance: Critical
- Urgency for punctuality: Critical
- Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday-Friday. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary. Must have flexibility of work days to cover weekend testing requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must pass PMHV Physical. Must complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, health performance evaluation, and background check.
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers.
Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to self or others.
Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner.
Dependable personal transportation to work site is required.
: United States-Michigan-Allen Park-20313-DETO-02
: Jul 6, 2020, 6:54:12 PM
Allen Park 48101
Capabilities: Advanced Technology Facilities