Job # 545759
What you’ll be doing...
As a Private Mobile Edge Computing (MEC) Network evangelist & architect, you will keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. You would analyze and recommend to executives technical trade-offs in product development with engineers. You will help manage fast-changing business priorities and interface with stakeholders up to Senior Vice presidents. The candidate will play a key role in developing next generation mobile edge computing network. You will be responsible for participating in industry standards and forums, identifying opportunities, bringing in disruptive suppliers, and driving the progress of various initiatives that will impact how people access and receive data across the enterprise. You possess cloud data center design, wireless 4G and 5G Core knowledge, and network design engineering background. You are also equally conformable working with hardware components and design, as well as software development lifecycle.
In addition, you will be responsible for designing the next generation networks to meet next gen applications’ stringent performance requirements. You will also responsible for technology analysis, proof of concept, and trial disruptive and innovative solutions, and bring the solutions to production.
- Leading Verizon in building next generation private MEC network architecture
- Responsible for analyzing and designing next gen private MEC architecture, that will optimize networks to support innovative and disruptive enterprise applications. The next gen architecture will deliver demanding ultra-low latency, massive connections and high throughput performance requirements to meet enterprise customer’s experience
- Conducting proof of concept in the lab, and trials at customer sites
- Developing 3+ years technology strategy, roadmap, and planning on private MEC
- Candidate will develop excellent working relationships with HQ, Operations, Data Performance, System Performance, and Engineering
- Participating and leading MEC related industry standard meetings and forums, assessing start-up companies, and proposes MEC architecture for Verizon
- Candidate will also need to partner with internal organizations, translate product requirements to private MEC technical requirements
- Negotiating and managing emerging MEC technology partners statements of work, technical development and relationships
- Independently manage complex technical projects, including but not limit to, from leading MEC, and open source MEC industry standard meeting and forums, assessing start-up companies, to partner with internal organizations to finalize private MEC architecture
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Five or more years of experience with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenStack, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible).
- Working knowledge of cloud computing including virtualization, hosted services, multi-tenant cloud infrastructures, storage systems and content delivery networks.
Even better if you have:
- MS or BS in Electrical/Computer Engineering. MS preferred
- Experience architecting and developing software or infrastructure for scalable, distributed systems.
- Experience in HPC infrastructure, HPC networks, and GPU programming.
- Experience of designing and delivering secure cloud solutions in AWS, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure
- Experience designing solutions using IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Working knowledge of and proficiency in Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM).
- Knowledge of ETSI MEC stack, Open Edge, Telecom infrastructure would be a plus.
- Knowledge of CDN, Edge & Transparent Caching
- Must have strong skills in developing forward-looking next gen network architecture and strategy
- Must be a self-starter
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.