Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is seeking a Sr. Director, Global Security Operations (GSO) to support the strategic direction of Splunk Global Security, protecting the company as it becomes a multibillion dollar business. In this role you will manage our security operations center, DFIR, and threat intelligence divisions to support the organization’s global growth. As a strategic leader, in this role you will have direct responsibility for three divisions: Detection & Monitoring Operations, Digital Forensics & Incident Response, and Threat Hunting & Intelligence. The role is multi-functional, providing information security strategy and leadership. You will report to our CISO. The breadth of Splunk Global Security’s responsibility touches all aspects of Splunk security, from human, to digital, to physical. Key to your success is blending business insight with the vision to deliver security services that optimize the hyper-growth nature of Splunk while guarding its assets, people, and processes from a range of threat actors.
- Lead all aspects of a Security Operations Center which monitors emerging threats, and works closely with Incident Response and Threat Intel teams to determine appropriate courses of action
- Pursue scalable automated security solutions
- Develop, mentor, and manage a high-performing staff of information security experts
- Oversee DFIR capabilities in the investigation of security breaches, and assist with any associated legal matters
- Collaborate closely with law enforcement and other advisory bodies to ensure that the organization maintains a strong security posture
- Partner cross-functionally with key business stakeholders to influence and ensure alignment and support for the Global Security Operations mandate
- Identify and recommend appropriate measures to manage and remediate discovered or potential vulnerabilities.
- Provide strong leadership and mentoring including professional and personal development for team members.
- Some travel required for work with the leadership team, possibly for customer briefings, planning and other activities
- 10+ years of progressive security leadership and management experience in multi-disciplinary environments
- Demonstrable experience managing a SOC in a organization with a large cloud footprint
- Practical Threat Hunting and Intel experience
- Experience with red teaming and other offensive security roles preferred
- Experience partnering with members of the security and intelligence community
- Experience leading an advanced incident response capability
- Maintain hyper-current knowledge of threat landscape, attacker techniques and mitigations
- Demonstrable record of delivering critical security solutions within tight time frames, with multiple stakeholder groups, and competing priorities
- Strategic, but also detail-oriented and hands-on
- Demonstrable track record as an influential leader
- Ability to evolve security strategy based on research, data, business direction, and industry trends
- Experience managing geographically diverse cyber workforce
- Use a data driven approach to report on security posture and influence decision making
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- B.A./B.S or equivalent work experience
- You are eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.