Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk Inc (“Splunk”) is currently seeking an Assistant Facility Security Officer (AFSO) to help scale and manage the Splunk Public Sector theater classified information security program in compliance with the U.S. Government National Industrial Security Program (NISP) in our McLean, Virginia office. We are looking for an enthusiastic person with deep customer focus that can work with our Facility Security Officer (FSO), legal, compliance, physical security and public sector business teams to scale our program to meet the demands of multiple customers. Excellent communications skills and strategic planning skills are a must. This position is in the Legal Department and will report to the FSO.
- A position as an AFSO or FSO in the NISP for a possessing facility;
- An active TS/SCI security clearance with current background investigation;
- A strong working knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), DoD personnel and information security regulations, ICDs, information systems security program requirements, Director Central Intelligence Directives (DCIDs), and other related Federal security laws, directives and regulations;
- Completed possessing FSO or CSSO certification-related courses and training;
- Understanding of classified information and insider threat reporting requirements to USG oversight agencies;
- Demonstrated ability to operate and improve complex clearance application and reinvestigation pipelines to facilitate the growth of customer relationships in the US Intelligence Community, US Federal Civilian/DoD and NATO programs;
- Demonstrated ability to proactively partner with business leaders to facilitate important outcomes relevant to business in the classified community (e.g. Authorizations to Operate, resolution of clearance-related issues, etc.);
- Ability to work cross-functionally within a business to ensure compliance with US Government classified information security programs;
- Ability to multi-task, with close attention to detail and operate under pressure;
- Ability to prioritize work and switch between tasks quickly;
- A Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree, or equivalent; and
- United States Citizenship.
- AFSO/CSSO duties and responsibilities, including, but not limited to, classified contract management, processing, SCI nomination packages, personnel clearances/accesses, audit/self-inspection, visit requests, briefings/debriefings in compliance with the NISPOM, DoDM, ICD's and applicable government security directives associated with SCI security;
- Experience with the DoD databases and tools: JPAS, DISS, NISS, ACAVS;
- Experience with agency sponsorships of SCIFs/classified networks;
- Experience with SCI or SAPs; and
- Five (5) years minimum experience with a DoD contractor security program; and
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- Industry-recognized certification(s) such as Industrial Security Professional (ISP), or Security Fundamentals Professional Certification (SFPC);
- Experience as an ISSO and familiarity with DoD Directive 8570.01A Information Assurance certification or Security+
- Experience as an ISSO working with an ISSM concerning accreditation and reaccreditation of classified IS Systems to include user access, auditing, configuration management, documentation, and training in accordance with USG policies and regulations;
- Experience with personnel security management tools such as SIMS, Access Commander, or Threat Switch; and
- SCIF construction planning, accreditation, operations and management.
- General knowledge of information security, contract management and privacy;
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.